Help worried i will lose all my fish

i havent a clue how hot/cold it is i'm sorry but i'm sat with the quilt around me, the glass bowl would sit ontop of the tank on the hood, not actually in the water, its heavy s owould surely sink

that sounds like the best you can do. I've also set a fish on a heating pad before, and managed to keep the temp in the high 70's (inside was in the low 60's).

Just an FYI, most thermostats (where you adjust the heater/AC) tell you how warm it is inside. I am agreeing that if you need a blanket, it probably is too cold.

Hello there. Do you live any where near west sussex? I have a 2 ft tank you could borrow.

Wish i did, nope i'm in Bristol and neither myself nor my partner drive, its not fair :( almost puts you off fishkeeping, as its horrendous when they get ill

Thanks anyway saraya x

Do you have a Wilkinsons near you? They do small plastic tanks which work great as hospital tanks and they are cheap too.

hi
sorry to hear about your troubles but if you need to find a cheap little tank to use as a hosp tank have you tried any big pet shops like pets at home or similar, they sell small acrylic tanks that are ideal for hosp tanks. & we got ours for less than £20. you will need an airstone but instead of buying another pump we connected a piece of tubing with a small airstone on it from our main air pump & put that in our hosp tank. we also fill with tank water & put gravel from our main tank in it. be careful if you get a mini filter with the little tank as they often have charcol filter media in them & you dont want that as it will remove the medications you are using. if you do a search on this forum you will find a lot more info about setting up a hosp tank as ive seen several posts on the subject in the past.
good luck

Sorry R.I.P.

:byebye: Lil Fishy

Sorry to hear your loss...it's tough I know...I just lost 3 Polkadots in the last 30 hours from white spot/velvet and fin rot.

:angel:

I brought my 9 litre tank with a sponge filter and little heater it cost a total of £30 from the Japanese Koi Company....well worth it as you never know when you may need it. It is also good a a quarantine tank for newbies. The sponge filters are only £3 or so and the heater was £10.

Most reactions

Back