Help With Stocking

jessfish77

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am a beginner tank keeper and I would like some advice. I have a 50L tropical tank and I am wondering which fish I should stock it with and how many. I was thinking of the following mix but I'm not sure if its compatable or if its too many:

2 Blue Ram
2 Golden Ram
8 Neon tetra
2-3 Cory cats

Also, has anyone used Tetra tank conditioner Safestart? I heard its really good for starting up a new tank. Can anyone tell me if they've used it and if it works?

Thanks for your help.

Jess

Well, according to the converter I have, your tank is about 13 Gallons. The rule of 1" per gallon means you can have 13" of small slimbodied fish. Cory cats like to be in groups of 6. Rams get to be about 3" so you won't have enough room for all these fish. 8 Neon tetras and a shoal of small cories( pandas,pygmys also app 1") would be around 14". That would be around ideal for a tank like yours. As for the safestart, I can't comment on it.

Andrew

I think you could get away with something like this:

6-8 Harlequins (Or neons,cardianls etc)
4 Corys Or 4-6 pygmy corys
1 Male Ram

I would go with:

a pair of blue rams (nicest rams imo)

6-8 corydoras (pygmaeus or habrosus) OR 6-8 small tetra

maybe a few ottos or shrimp too.

I think you could get away with something like this:

6-8 Harlequins (Or neons,cardianls etc)
4 Corys Or 4-6 pygmy corys
1 Male Ram

thats what i'd do too. :good:

it'd be a little bit overstocked but there's a good distribution of fish around the tank so i think it's OK.

personally i don't rate products like safestart, check out the pinned topic about fishless cycling, IMO that's the best way to start a tank. :good:

Most reactions

Back