Help Platy Fry

akt423

Reaction score
HI
I'm new to fish keeping. One of my platies had 3 fry, then died. I removed the male (i think) from the tank and have kept the fry alone for about 4 weeks. One is about 10 mm long and fat, the other is around 8 mm, long and skinny. I have a small 5 gallon aquarium moderately planted (plastic). I purchased baby grass at the local pet store but am afraid to put the large male back into the tank. When can the fry be safely reunited with the adult platy? i have head platy are prone to eat their fry.
I hope someone answers. Thanks

HI
I'm new to fish keeping. One of my platies had 3 fry, then died. I removed the male (i think) from the tank and have kept the fry alone for about 4 weeks. One is about 10 mm long and fat, the other is around 8 mm, long and skinny. I have a small 5 gallon aquarium moderately planted (plastic). I purchased baby grass at the local pet store but am afraid to put the large male back into the tank. When can the fry be safely reunited with the adult platy? i have head platy are prone to eat their fry.
I hope someone answers. Thanks

When their not big enough to fit in the mouth really, could take upto 2/3 month lol

Yes, the mouth rule is the best. I find it doesn't take as long as 3 months but it depends on whos got the biggest mouth in the tank!

because you only have 3 fry in 1 tank they will grow very quickly so they should be big enough now but leave them 2 more weeks and they should be ok

Most reactions

Back