Help Needed

Jaybey

Reaction score
Hi guys.

This is my first post so hello to all!

I need some advice, I am currently putting my aquarium together. Got the tank, built the stand, got my filter, heater, lighting. Now the problem I have is that the other day my thermometer fell from the side of the tank and smashed. Now the tank has no water in it yet as I am going through the process of starting up but I stuck it up anyway.

Soooo it fell, smashed and the red liquid went everywhere, I cleaned it up (which was easy and no biggy as there is no water in it yet) but the red liquid has stained the sealant in the front right corner of my tank.

I have read that the red liquid is alcohol based and shouldn't be that much of a problem, but I don't know if it will cause damage over time or not.

Do any of you guys have any idea if it is safe to start cycling my tank and adding fish?

Thanks in advance.

Alcohol will not melt silicon. It should not be the cause of any leak in the future. You should check for any tiny glass shrapnel to prevent the fish from finding it and eating it. Also, it could be a hazard for you when you have your hand in the tank.

Most reactions

Back