Help Needed

Clunky

Reaction score
:/ could anybody tell me if its unusual for my crabs to crawl up filter pipe out of water and perch himself there.Any advice most appreciated

:/ could anybody tell me if its unusual for my crabs to crawl up filter pipe out of water and perch himself there.Any advice most appreciated

What kind of crab? Most pet crabs need land so it is probably not unusual.

Yeah i agree, most crabs nead some land to rest one as they can't be submerged in water 24/7, heres a good site for ID'ing crabs and similar critters if you don't know what type of crab you have;

http://www.shrimpcrabsandcrayfish.co.uk/Sh...m.htm~mainFrame

:thumbs:
:/ Thanks very much for the link l think they are the red clawed hermit crab l have three but the chap at lfs never mentioned about needing land as they were in a fish tank with other fish l don't know what to do whether to lower the water level or should l put them in a seperate tank really confused any one got any suggestions :thumbs:

Im no expert on crabs and don't know much on red clawed hemit crabs, but many crabs will eat or attack fish so its probably a good idea if you buy a second 20gal tank with filtration and heating and create a little island for the crabs to rest on during the day- it will probably be good if you do another thread titled "red clawed hemit crabs" or somthing as so to attract members who might know info on keeping them as im sure i've seen some crab owners on here before :thumbs: .

:rolleyes: thank you will try and persuade hubby that l need another tank!!!!

Most reactions

Back