Help! Honey gouramis unwell

The reason... it could have been temperature shock. That's a cool tank for a gourami. It could have been disease, transport to the store, stress in the store, being bagged... fish are complex.

It's very (too) common for newly arrived fish to be ill.

Watch the survivor like a hawk. I have seen parasite infested fish jam themselves up against decor in an effort to scratch at the itch. If the fish moved sand to get wedged under the rock, that could be the case as gouramis are not diggers.
Ok, i will keep a close eye on him, thankyou!

Btw one of the honey gouramis was found dead under a rock, i am not sure how it got under the rock. Should i buy another gourami and should i remove or reposition the rock?

No on acquiring another gourami. First, you have not answered the question on the tank size, this may be a factor. Second, a dead fish has many causes, these should be considered before getting more. And the swordtail you mentioned has swim bladder trouble, which means another dying fish. I have never seen a fish survive swimming difficulties, whatever the cause, and several things can cause this.

You asked this in another thread, which is fine except having two threads on the same issue can get confusing for all of us including getting advice to you. It is one of the values of a forum that all members have equal access, but a second thread can get missed by some. I will ask a moderator to combine the threads, solving the issue.:nod:

@Essjay here's some work for your idle hands. :drinks:

Your wish is my command :)

I have merged the two threads about this gourami and the posts are in chronological order not thread order so this new merged thread will read a bit disjointed.

No on acquiring another gourami. First, you have not answered the question on the tank size, this may be a factor. Second, a dead fish has many causes, these should be considered before getting more. And the swordtail you mentioned has swim bladder trouble, which means another dying fish. I have never seen a fish survive swimming difficulties, whatever the cause, and several things can cause this.
My aquarium is 24 gallons i think, maybye 25

Also i isolated the swordtail yesterday because it was attacking my honey gourami.

Also my hospital tank has no lid, and i just found the swordtail dead on the floor, i think he jumped out. There is a bit of white fuzz on his head and he is bloated, here is a photo just in case you wanted one to see what sickness it could be

20230714_065835.jpg

Most reactions

Back