Help! Angelfish Acting Weird!

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ok ill Keep an eye out for it! You're always so helpful. Thank you so much!!

My koi angelfish has started to poop like this now too. It goes from being normal to stringy. Whitish and brownish stringy. Ugh.

Attachments

• 2015-02-15 15.29.43.jpg
    2015-02-15 15.29.43.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 45
I would arm yourself today with a tub of epsom salt - it's really cheap and you can get it at the drug store. Then add about a tablespoon to about 500ml of water in a jug, mix it well cos it takes a bit to dissolve then add some food to your fishing net and dunk the food into the salt water a few times then feed the food to the angels. They will might poop like mad afterwards or they might not ... it was hit and miss with mine. Carry this process on for about a week. It won't harm them and it won't harm your tank but it will give you time to look for either an anti-bacterial food or medication.

I'm not saying your definitely dealing with Hexamita but at the same time it could be. In this case I would treat them rather than wait. If you can get an anti-biotic into them and there is something there it'll sort it out. If we're worrying unnecessarily then it won't harm either.

I know how quickly my angels went down with Hex and time is not on their side if it is that. They also infected other fish in my tank 

Hi, just checking in and wondering how the angels are doing now?

Haha well I feel really silly today. Woke up and rushed down stairs to check on them and everyone was fine lol they weren't bloated anymore and were really perky and playful. I feel really silly for worrying so much. I think they just ate way too much. I won't be giving them whole algae wafers anymore! Thanks everyone for being there and giving me advice!

oh that's great news! I'm so pleased it's not what I was worried about. I suppose the plus side is now you know all about an illness that can kill and know the signs to look for should it ever rear it's head in your tank in the future :)

Most reactions

Back