Hello From China. Pls See My Fish!

aros are expencive hear in the UK to a blood red would cost around us$2800-3000 and a cross back gold us$2800-3500 RTG cost anything from us$700-1200

ST at that size would cost us$300-500

you keep your tank very clean as the bio-load must be fairly high

silver aros are not as cheap as they are in china us$50

your substrate is not ideal but its much better tank a bare bottom tank

aros are expencive hear in the UK to a blood red would cost around us$2800-3000 and a cross back gold us$2800-3500 RTG cost anything from us$700-1200

oh, the fish are so expensive in UK. A lot of Asian arowanas can not been sold in USA for the some reaseon of animal protecting law. So we are lucky to have them in tank. Why do you think my substrate is not very good ? Is too bright?

oh, the fish are so expensive in UK. A lot of Asian arowanas can not been sold in USA for the some reaseon of animal protecting law. So we are lucky to have them in tank. Why do you think my substrate is not very good ? Is too bright?

the substrate is to big and it LOOKS sharp and ruff to feel

rays like to cover them selfs in the substrate

they have taken millions of years to evolve to live in substrate thats why its best to have sand or a very fine pebble gravel

as i said the ray can live on that substrate but it doesnt mean its happy i would change it for sand or a very fine pebble gravel IMO

also why is your tank half full you chould fill that tank up a bit more whats the point in having a 180g tank if it only has 130g in it

oh yeh we are not all racist on any forum this one or the other forum you have had problems with B)

Welcome to the forum! B)

Great fish, all look healthy.The tank could do with a bit of filling up though :lol:

Thanks to all friends who attented my thread and my fish, and thanks to your advice also.
My tank is 150x60x60 in size. The unit is cm. You know inch or gallon are not units in common use in China.
Yes, I know that the gravel or substrate was too big. But if it was sand or a very fine pebble gravel , the
little stones or sands would be absorbed in to my filter and destroy the motor. When this photo was taken,
I only had a filter about 60w power. To reduce its burden, I decreased the volumn of water in the tank. But
now I added the total power to 100w and the tank was full .

That tank looks bigger than a 5x2x2 this is my 5x2x2 or 150x60x60 as you use in china.

Picture697.jpg

That tank looks bigger than a 5x2x2 this is my 5x2x2 or 150x60x60 as you use in china.

Picture697.jpg

Your tank and arowanas looks brilliant. Perhaps I took the photo from a longer distance, so the tank seemed larger. The plant make your tank looked natural, and I can see the hair in the bottom of your pic. It seems a lovely baby sitting in his carriage.right?

Yes mate that my little girl. But that tank is no longer for my aro that tank out of that hole and in its place is this.

Ill use the same measurments as you as it sounds bigger. 244x81x79cm
Picture607.jpg

Yes mate that my little girl. But that tank is no longer for my aro that tank out of that hole and in its place is this.

244! wow, large enough for swiming! I really wish I can have one tank like this, if my floor can undergo its weight. I am eager know the the final size of the arowanas living in this tank.

Yeah the aro at the minute is a green at about 15" but im selling him and getting at RTG so it will be good to see the size that he will attain. But I have noticed that since they have been in a larger tank that all the fish that they are eating more and growing quicker.

just to throw this question out there would it be cheap to go on holiday to china purchase some arowana and bring them back to the uk
(of course with all the right paper work and it being legal)
What the quality of arowana over there like they get much drop eye?
Thanks just a random question

Picture607.jpg

Is that a tiny little perch at the bottom I see? If so, where did you get it? I love perch from when I use to fish for them.

Most reactions

Back