He/She's a survivor!

my pictus was totaly hard ass
he didnt live that long but he survived my days as a totaly ignorant fish keeper

he survived the tank cycleing with him in it in a tank way to small for him (6.6uk gal :0)
he survived getting trapped in the plastic casing for the light,due to his bone like fins he didnt get out for hours
he survived only being cleaned once a month without a gravel vac
eventualy the thing that killed him was a bubble tube in my tank somehow messed up and syphoned almost all the water out of the tank and he survived in an half inch deep puddle for around 5 or 6 hours till i got home from work then died as i was trying to save him :(

just for the record,my current tank has ran perfectly smooth and i am now educated on what i need to know lol
very ashamed of how bad i was

but he was petty damn tough

oh yeah,he lived 6 months

rip mr caticus

I had a common Plec that lived for around 8 years. As with many posts here I got him/her having no knowledge about fish and only going by what my LFS said was ok (which was 'Sure, a 10 gallon tank is fine!) Ugh. Soon after I had to upgrade to a 29 gallon then a 40. He got to be around perhaps 12- 14 inches long when I day I woke up and he was dead. So sad. Happy to say I know better now! :good:

ive got a comet goldfish that i got at 1in at the state fair. its been living for 4 years going on 5

Of the six serpae tetras I got four years ago, I've still got three. They all survived the Great 'Filter Packed Up While I Was On Holiday' Disaster of 2007, as well as a few other issues I've had in the time.

Currently, one is being treated for a swim bladder issue - I think it's an age thing rather than disease, but he doesn't seem worried by it - he's happily living life at 45 degrees!

I remember my first intro to fishkeeping, aged about 7 or so. We inherited a tank from a relative, complete with fish. Trouble was, the tank was in an unbelievable state - the water was like pea soup, it was so green and murky you could only see the fish when they swam within a couple of inches from the glass. In true newbie style, we netted all the fish and put them in a bucket, emptied and cleaned the tank (probably with washing up liquid :crazy: ), then filled it all back up again (I don't remember ever having, or using, dechlorinator). As far as I can remember, we didn't lose a single fish.
Tough customers indeed.

My Angelfish that was my inital fish when starting the hobby in jan. Still alive... (hopefully stays that way)

Most reactions

Back