Hardy Fish

Kirsty

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Can anyone give me a list of hardy fish that i can put in my tank first, i have been told danios are good, are there any others that would be good?

Any livebearers would be alright. Try to stay away from tetras until you got a little bit more cycled tank as they are a little weaker. Unless of course you have already cycled.

Nope, i am too impatient to do a fishless cycle, thought i would have a go with the fish first

gourams plats, cherry barbs, white cloud minnows, guppys, mollys, rainbowfish, + loads more best.
asuming your tank is cycled/ matured , the best thing to do is to take a sample of your water to your local dealer, get them to cheque it and have a word, they will point in the right direction

Kirsty, do you have another fish tank at home? Or a friend with an established tank? You could clone it and not have to worry about dealing with cycling.......................

Unfortunately i dont, which is a shame as i could do with having someone to walk me through all this. I never knew keeping fish could be so complicated.

I think all the fish in my tanks (see my signature) are hardy.

btw what size is your tank? Danios shouldn't go in a tank smaller than 20 gallons.

webcat5 said:
Platties, Guppys, Bristle Nose Catfish and Flying Foxes
That advice is rediculous.

Platys, yes.

Guppies, NO!! They are stupidly easy to kill these days because they have been so inbred to achieve the various colourings that you see these days they are NOT hardy fish

BN Plecs, NO!!!! Why the hell would you cycle a tank with a pleco!

Flying foxs, NO!!!!!! I would never reccomend cycling with a fish such as this..

If you want to cycle with fish you should really go for platies, danios or female bettas. All three are cheap, hardy and especially bettas, seem to be able to overcome even the worst of water conditions. So if you can get some, i would go with these.

Ben

Most reactions

Back