Happy Daze !

*pete*

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Had to share this with you guys, I've just been offered a complete marine setup for free !!!

Its been sitting in a neighbours garage for about two years, just had a quick look at it and its huge, very deep and wide almost a cube, I would say about 170ltr. Cabinet stand as well, all in good condition but needs a good Dust/clean.

Going round at the weekend to mesure up, just need to find a space for it. :lol:

Can't belive my luck. Things like this don't happen to me ! My head is spinning :lol:

Edit...It will be Freshwater.

Ugh. Best I can do is 10 gallons for cheap not free! My neighbors uncle offered them a 500 gallon for $1000 but They had to decline as they didnt have the budget :( it would've been so cool. They even told me I could help them stock it and cycle etc. :(

Your one lucky duckling. Congratz and hope all goes well.

Thanks guys, Its not what I would choose if buying new (I prefer the traditional oblong design) but as the saying goes... Never look a gift horse in the mouth ;)

Here it is..

"TROPIQUARIUM 88"...36x15x20"...pick up next week :)

IMG_8393.jpg

IMG_8390-1.jpg

I am so jealous! That looks in really good nick! Well done you. Bet you can't wait to pick it up!

I am so jealous! That looks in really good nick! Well done you. Bet you can't wait to pick it up!
Jeal :lol: ...There's no rush, still got to do some major rearanging of funiture, do an oudoor fill to be on the safe side (fingers crossed) Then take my time. the cabinet (bit naff) is stuffed full of goodies, Fluval external filter, air pump, algae scraper ect. its all there and some ! Want to go for a heavily planted enviroment with black subsrate so will be hanging out in the planted tank forum.

Still all feels a bit too good to be true :unsure:

:grr: :grr: Hey, if your nervous about it, I'll take it and test it for a few years for you.

Well...it WAS a long term commitment on my part. :fun:

Great catch on this one.

Jeal :lol: ...There's no rush, still got to do some major rearanging of funiture, do an oudoor fill to be on the safe side (fingers crossed) Then take my time. the cabinet (bit naff) is stuffed full of goodies, Fluval external filter, air pump, algae scraper ect. its all there and some ! Want to go for a heavily planted enviroment with black subsrate so will be hanging out in the planted tank forum.

Still all feels a bit too good to be true :unsure:

Aww that's really good. Yeah take your time and do it right. I love the contrast black substrate gives. I had black gravel after not being able to find black sand but then just put sand in.

:grr: :grr: Hey, if your nervous about it, I'll take it and test it for a few years for you.
Nice try :p :lol:

Stop being nice to Pete, we are all jealous...........ban him!!!!!

Love

Tibbs

and here I thought my find was a good one! 55 gallon tank for $40, building the stand for a total of maybe $3, and I just need one hood and a larger heater. Great find!

Most reactions

Back