Hand Sanitisers & Aquariums?

They can get lost easily, trust me. I put 2 cherry shrimp in my densely planted 10g tank and i can't find them. I saw one yesterday, but they hide so well, lol.

Cherry barbs not cherry shrimps ;)

But yeah, a pretty big tank for 3 cherry barbs and bet they are thinking ‘wow!’ All this space!!!’

:fish::fish::fish:

:lol:

They can get lost easily, trust me. I put 2 cherry shrimp in my densely planted 10g tank and i can't find them. I saw one yesterday, but they hide so well, lol.
See, all these abbreviations cause confusion, cherries in this case refers to barbs..........
I vote for latin species names only from now on.........:rofl:

Err... what was the cherry barbs Latin name again... puntius something, not very well versed on remembering other scientific names outside of the corydoras group, pangio loaches group, some botia group, and some hoplosternum group.

But if by tonight I dont see any signs of issues, ill move the other 3 cherry barbs over.

If all 6 do good, I'll add the melon barbs next.

Scaleless fish will be the last to return. After the cherry barbs and melon barbs, it'll be the horde of cories, 3 hoplos, and a BN pleco so of those, thinking the pleco would be better off returning first.

Ever see that skit in The Life of Brian?
Why does that name bring it to mind?

An oldie but a goodie, a proper classic skit.

I like the other skit from the same film, “‘tis but just a scratch” after losing his arm in sword fight :lol:

Cherry barbs, in my experience, can also survive the apocalypse. I've tried to kill mine on multiple occasions by putting them in uncycled tanks, and the males are huge, red monster barbs.

Good luck, anyway. Hopefully everyone will be fine and no doubt happy to be out of a plastic tote.

Last edited:
Cherry barbs, in my experience, can also survive the apocalypse. I've tried to kill mine on multiple occasions by putting them in uncycled tanks, and the males are huge, read monster barbs.

Good luck, anyway. Hopefully everyone will be fine and no doubt happy to be out of a plastic tote.
Yeah thats why though I'm starting with the hardiest options first!
My cherry barbs are very resilient too, great fish actually.

Actually my fish hate the tote so much one of the melon barbs jumped out 2 days ago :( the water line is 6 inches below the top, the 1.5 inch barb baby jumped right over still. They do not like the confined space of the tote.

I sort of got a hunch that my ideas are not very good ones. :S

If the gloves work for you and don't leach, and if you can operate those tong things (I'm a klutz), then I would say your ideas are good! Someone else might benefit so I encourage you to share your ideas.
Everyone is different. :friends:

If the gloves work for you and don't leach, and if you can operate those tong things (I'm a klutz), then I would say your ideas are good! Someone else might benefit so I encourage you to share your ideas.
Everyone is different. :friends:
@Gypsy Tart
Wow, I didn't read the whole thread. ...looks like you've had plenty of virtual hugs before mine!
:rofl:

Most reactions

Back