HABITAT

I like my tanks to have a more natural feel, but I've always thought of doing a Chicago River themed tank. Get some toy truck tires, maybe some doll house size shopping carts, some small doll house size bottles & cans. Burned out car as the centerpiece.

Tolak

Tolak,
That sounds cool. Here is your centerpiece ---> wrecked car

There is a SM Medium and Large version depending on your tank size :)

Don't forget to find a couple of handguns for the bottom (you know like the ones that people throw into the river after doing "a job" )

-- itZme

Hey, I like the car! :D I think G.I. Joe size guns would work, maybe a little dude with cement booties! :lol:

Tolak

:lol: Those horribly tacky neon caves and pink/blue/purple gravel, the cheesy treasure chest.

How I hate those rainbow Walmart caves :sick:

Now I just clump it full of plants, have some natural looking caves and sand as substrate. Would never doing anything but!

DVC00792.jpg

with some plants. Apongeton in the planters on the sides and eldoea growing in the middle. Ignore the hamster tube. It's a betta toy that I added because the sharks need more hiding places until the plants grow out.

edit: I'm thinking of getting more elodea and planting it on the outside and having it grow inside and through another hole. If you see what I mean. there are two more holes that you can't see. btw the elodea is flowering. It has pretty white and yellow flowers like a daisy.

Tolak said:
I like my tanks to have a more natural feel, but I've always thought of doing a Chicago River themed tank. Get some toy truck tires, maybe some doll house size shopping carts, some small doll house size bottles & cans. Burned out car as the centerpiece.

Tolak
That's too funny. I missed this before I posted my link, Tolak - you've gotta read it, you'll be amused... B)

Well for everyones delight, with a little searching i found the tank with it all-
the "no fishing sign", the multi colored neon cave, the bright blue gravle, the fake plants including a purple one and you got- a castle :D ;

http://www.petfish.net/pix/tanks7/Fish_Tank3.jpg

Hm, who was talking about coral ornements in a freshwater tank ne?

http://www.petfish.net/pics/tanks2/mels_aquarium.jpg

This tank is evil its so blue- literally- check out the pentagram and what looks like a dead fish in it :whistle: ;

http://www.petfish.net/pix/tanks7/Lazria.jpg

This is what it means to have the freedom of choice. If people want to put purple castles, scuba divers, no fishing signs, multicolored neon gravel, spongebob ornaments, marbles, rocking sunken pirate ships, skeletons with jugs of booze and legos in thier tanks then more power to them. If you want to make fun of the people that have these things in their tank, then go for it.

Well as i mentioned before, i don't personally go for those kind of setups, but whatever turns you on i suppose then go for it i say :thumbs:
Im not trying to make fun of anyone at all, just expressing my opinions which i gathered what this thread was about, ah well...

T-P, I don't think that goldfish is dead, but rather swimming down. My goldfish swim like that...
Btw, that tank creaps me out...*shivers*

Most reactions

Back