Guppy Breeding

random919

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have 4 guppies and one has got very fat all of a sudden. they are all suppost to be males but he/she is orange and i have been looking and most orange ones dont show the spot. We had a fighter in with them but had to get rid of him as he attacked the guppy tails. so i can't rely on the anal fin as a guide. Do you have any suggestions to see if it is female or male? Do they normally have the spot even if they are orange with a white/pink belly? Can the spot be a different colour than black?
Thanks

I have 4 guppies and one has got very fat all of a sudden. they are all suppost to be males but he/she is orange and i have been looking and most orange ones dont show the spot. We had a fighter in with them but had to get rid of him as he attacked the guppy tails. so i can't rely on the anal fin as a guide. Do you have any suggestions to see if it is female or male? Do they normally have the spot even if they are orange with a white/pink belly? Can the spot be a different colour than black?
Thanks
usually males are smaller more colorful and females are bigger and less colored :)
Put some pictures for your fishies and ill tell you which is male and female :)

Although the tail may have been damaged, the gonopodium of a male should still be present on a male. We have a thread here that will help you identify your fish's gender. You can get there using a link in my signature area called sexing livebearers.

Most reactions

Back