guppy, birth

darkstar22

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
so i have had male/female guppies in same tank now for a lil over a week and i can tell my female is obviously pregnant and the dark spot (gravid) was getting bigger and thats supposed to be the eyes now i see the redish color kind of like the bodies im guessing forming inside... should i be expecting fry soon????

with the sounds of it you could have fry in a couple of weeks :clap: (probably about 3 weeks)
CONGRADTULATIONS :-

I'd say anywhere from 2-3 weeks, depending on if the female was already pregnant when you put her in the tank. If she was pregnant already, it will be sooner. It can also be sooner is she is smaller, or younger, or isn't having a big batch. But around 2-4 weeks. :)

she was not pregnant before i put her in ...so prolly around 3 weeks im guessing :) it just seems like... she wants to pop cuz i can see the redish orange mass in there its kind of cool... and thanks...!

depending on the size of your guppy she could have anywhere between 1-40 baby fry and she may only take 3 weeks or anywhere up to 5 weeks you never know I got 24 baby fry about 2 weeks ago they all lived my guppy was only a small guppy and very young guppy. They all have jet black tails. I breed mollies and guppies got bout 90 molly fry and 24 guppy fry all arrived with in 2 days of each other had to go and buy a new tank to accomadate them as my mother in-law has my other two tanks full of her fish

now thats a lot of fry!!!! hahaha i need to get another tank maybe a 20 gallon and split it in two (males/ females) we will see.... seggustions?!?!?!.....

A 20 gallon tank will be great for raising them, and then splitting them. However, this will only last so long, as they can keep having hughe batches of fry and get you over-run. You need to make sure to plan ahead that you have a place for all these fish, or tank space.

But good luck with your pregnant Mommy! :D

Most reactions

Back