Guppies

Aveena

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hey, i know i said i was going to breed platy's and mollies but one of my mums friends has said she could give me some guppies if i wanted, as she has lots as they just keep breeding in her tank.
So im now going to breed guppies and mollies.
Anyhow, i was wondering what is the youngest age a guppy will become pregnant?

All coments welcome.

Thank you

hey, i know i said i was going to breed platy's and mollies but one of my mums friends has said she could give me some guppies if i wanted, as she has lots as they just keep breeding in her tank.
So im now going to breed guppies and mollies.
Anyhow, i was wondering what is the youngest age a guppy will become pregnant?

All coments welcome.

Thank you
guppies are profolic breeders and i believe the youngest age would be over three months, if a guppy gives birth when it is too young it may die of stress, even if a guppy is an adult there are chances that it or the babies will not survive

ok thank you. and is that the same with mollies?

also whats the best temperature for breeding mollies and guppies?

ok thank you. and is that the same with mollies?
I dont really know for a fact but im sure you can find it on google or just ask someone at the petstore, i have a tank of platies and the babies are very cute, but the only problem is im running out of room to keep them, so make sure you hve enough space, i bought a tank at walmart for thirty bucks, its a five gallon tank, i keep the babies in it, it was a good buy

ok thank you. and i have two tanks one that is 58litres and one that is 30litres. i have been told that they are big enough to breed the two fish i have chosen to breed.

ok, thank you. Both of my tanks are at a temperature of 26C.
Lol, so they can breed under 3 months? just best not to?

You will find that mollies grow much slower than guppies-and yes guppies- 3 months and they can normally give birth....you wont get so many at first but the second birth and so on.....loads. :good:

But there is a fair chance she would die, my blue platy was 4 months old when she dropped 4 fry, i was expecting 20! But then she died of stress, no disease (no finrot, fungus ect...) Just warning you, but all the best of luck

mollies can take to yo 4-8 months to mature and seen some males take upto a year to devlop.

Guppies start to mature 3-5 months of age.

This depends on temp and how well feed the fry are, if you feed plenty of live foods and keep the temp doen at 22-24 i fond tou bet much stronger fish than keeping them at 26-28.

hey, i will wait until the guppies are atleast 3 months old. and with the mollies i will also wait. so you say that there better at 22-24C. i guess i'll leave my tanks at 26C and see how they get on.

Most reactions

Back