Guppies

na9la

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
1. my guppies like to turn their eyes black why is that
their eyes are normal then gets darker till its black

2. my female guppies are pregnate (i have 4)
its been way over 4 weeks about 8 its been maybe more and only 2 batch of baby guppies i have
is something wrong with my females?

right now i have 7 baby guppis about a week difference

they are in a 10 gallon tank
there are 4 females and 2 males

could they have given birth without you knowing and the fry got eaten? as for the black eye thing not sure although i have a few that have perminante black eyes

my guppies also havent gave birth and its been over two months they are as big as my swords which 1 of my swords just gave birth... AGAIN :shout:

my guppies also havent gave birth and its been over two months they are as big as my swords which 1 of my swords just gave birth... AGAIN :shout:

its a little hard to believe there as big as your swords, but with it being so long are you sure it isn't bloated maybe they have had them and the fry have been eaten, there normally faat again within a week

here is my guppy and swordtail (female)

HPIM0093.jpg

HPIM0087.jpg

HPIM0085.jpg

HPIM0077.jpg

HPIM0076.jpg

wow, my sword must of been obease then she was g=double the size of my gupps, looking at the guppy are you sure she is pregnant and not just fat, i have one that is a little pig as a result is massive :rolleyes:

i dont reallly know if she is pregnant but she does kinda have a gravid spot but its not that dark but then again her eyes arent dark either so that would mean they have their moms eyes :D also she could just be fat :blush:

the gravid spot isn't the most reliable way to tell IME as my juvis have them and i have found all females have a gravid spot even if not pregnant. could you get a picture from above, thats usually what i rely on

I had a guppy of mine that was pregnant for about a month and a half. She came out with 30 babies! Maybe she's just taking longer. I think guppies are suppose to have black eyes

My guppie took aroudn 2 months to have her fry as well.. so... I dunno what the problem was.. When she started having them tho it took her liek 2 hours.. lol..

It is very unlikely that the Guppies are still on their same pregnancy after two months. Unless you are watching your fish twenty four hours a day, it is quite possible that they gave birth and none of the fry survived. With Swordtails in the tank or with a Guppy mom as large as the one pictured, it's very feasible that the fry were eaten.

one of the females gave birth to 11 fry all together i have 18 baby guppies!!!!!!!!

Most reactions

Back