Guppies Prices Please?

Which country are you in - or where even more precisely ?

It depends really. Anything from £1 up (that I've seen in London) :) prices can no doubt be cheaper in the countryside. But then again, I've also seen ones at £3 each.

in the US i know that the common price is around $4.50 a pair (m,f). you don't really see them sold single unless you want to pay more (about $2-$2.50)

in the US i know that the common price is around $4.50 a pair (m,f). you don't really see them sold single unless you want to pay more (about $2-$2.50)
In Portsmouth England i paid £2.95 for a male and£1.95 for female.Sometimes you can get a deal .Us prices seem more reasonable a pleccy over here cost me £4.00 for one.

oh ok i just bought 6 females for £5 and 8 males for £8s
oh yeah will neons go well with guppies 10 neons for £5

yes neons will be fine with guppies, do you have any pictures of your guppies?? (i love seeing pictures of guppies :wub:)

Neons can be nippy, so they may nip the Guppies. Sometimes this happens, sometimes it doesn't, it's iffy. Also I hope all the males and females aren't together? Because you need 2-3 females per male, so the female don't get stressed out and possibly have birthing difficulties/abort/die. If they are, it's best to seperate them so it's the right ratio, or take some males back. You don't want the females getting stressed out by all the male's attention.

yes so if you have 6 females you'll only be aloud 2 male guppies, you probably could get away with 6 females and 3 males but it would be better to have 6 females and 2 males :)

What size tank do you have? You might want to start with 2-3 females and 1 male, because they'll reproduce very quickly and fill up the tank.

Guppies around here on the Essex/East London border are about £1.50 for both.I have neon's in with my male and female and they are ok with them :)

erm i thinkin about neons there not big but my mum said if i put too many fish in my fish tank the fish will all die oh well i got 5 orange tetra things and 6 female guppies in there-.- i think its called a uno 500 tank -.- and i only got 1 plant in tehre in getting loads more -.- dno if the neons will fit

Most reactions

Back