Guppies And Mollies Pregnant/anal Worm?

melloumaw

Reaction score
hi this my 1st post on the forum and i apologise if the question has been asked before.i have 2 dally mollies,and 4 female guppies to 3 males(3 females have died)the last female to die i think had been over pestered its a shame as she was due to drop :( the female molly(think they both are by anal fin/but one is skinny compared and the fat one bullies the other one)had 10 fry on 18th july,but she is now bigger than when she delivered,the fry are already in the main tank as 4 guupies appeared days after and the baby mollies where eyeing up the guppies,fortunatly the mollies are doing great in the tank.as are the 4 guppies in the breeding box.
to the questions,2 of the pregnant guppies have a tapered pink/red worm hanging out of the vent,is it a worm or is it to do with pregnancy?also my biggest bellied guppy(big momma)looks fit to explode but would be about 7 weeks gone now,and he back is starting to appear hump backed,is this normal?
i know they can store sperm packets for up to 6 months and that they can hang on if situations aren't right do you think this is the case?
anyway thank you in advance
melanie
all together we have: 1 juli cory
1 ruby shark
1 plec
5 cherry barbs
2 dalmation mollies
3 male guppies
4 female guppies
2 clown loach
2 sucking loach
14 fry
all get on fine together in a happy little community :)

Sounds like Camallanus worms, internal parasites, you will need an anti internal parasite med to treat this which you may need to get from your vet as not all fish stores stock internal parasite meds.

Most reactions

Back