Guppies Allready Pregnant

samyboy

Fish Addict
Reaction score
ive been wanting to buy a male and 2 females for a while now put off by the cost that most LFS charge though, anyway was in one i dont usually go in and they had a fantastic selection of fish id never seen or heard of before, i managed to walk away from most as i had no background info on anything

then i saw some large price tags on the front of the counter, most cory's £1 :) female guppies 75p males £1 BARGIN

so i had a male and 2 females with the intention of breeding, when i floated the bag one of the rams immediatly went for the males tail suspecting it to be food but everything was fine when i released them, ive now doen some more research and realised both females could well allready be pregnant at the moment i have no fry enclosure and my net is quite course so ive no means of rescueing newborns from the main tank.

is there any way of judging how far into the pregnancy a female is? both have the black patch infront of the anal fin one females spot is slightly larger than the other

im so exited been keeping fish for a while now and still havnt had any births from anything :(

ive been wanting to buy a male and 2 females for a while now put off by the cost that most LFS charge though, anyway was in one i dont usually go in and they had a fantastic selection of fish id never seen or heard of before, i managed to walk away from most as i had no background info on anything

then i saw some large price tags on the front of the counter, most cory's £1 :) female guppies 75p males £1 BARGIN

so i had a male and 2 females with the intention of breeding, when i floated the bag one of the rams immediatly went for the males tail suspecting it to be food but everything was fine when i released them, ive now doen some more research and realised both females could well allready be pregnant at the moment i have no fry enclosure and my net is quite course so ive no means of rescueing newborns from the main tank.

is there any way of judging how far into the pregnancy a female is? both have the black patch infront of the anal fin one females spot is slightly larger than the other

im so exited been keeping fish for a while now and still havnt had any births from anything :(

hi i also have two pregnant guppys, had both for about month and half now and one is due anytime soon got the breeding net ready to pop her in but i also aint got a clue when she will be due,

im also very excited

Most reactions

Back