Guess What I'm Doing!

Reaction score
Hi all!

I've just booked my gap year! WOW! And i've decieded to go on a programme that I feel really puts something back into fish-keeping.

I'm going to Thailand on a scheme set up by their goverment where basically I go to Thailand dive in their rivers/lakes and capture tropical fish (many like the fish in our tanks, some common and some rare) and I then take them back to certain centres and I then breed them. After this I return the fish and their offspring back into the wild so that the fish population can help cope with the increasing demand for tropical fish! It lasts two months!!! I am feeling looking forward to this because:
- I love Diving!
- I love Tropical Fish!
- I love Thailand!
- I will get to breed some fantastic fish! Which will give me great experience!

I really can't wait!! HEHE! :D

wow how did you find out about that :drool:

I am jealous...

I would love to do something like that. Anything in nature conservation in this county would be great too.

Unfortunately I went into computers....

Enjoy! Its the sort of experience you never forget.

Thanks! I cannot wait!

I had two options and I am kind of regretting not doing the other one...

The two options where basically the one I am doing (Thailand), or conservation of Whales in Australia! -- I love Aussie to bits and want to move there when i'm older, add to this the fact that I love Whales more than any other animal and this would have made perfect sense! However, unfortunatley I couldn't afford the Whale Conservation :-(

hi timmystood,
good for you :cool: ,im sure you will have a great time,
be sure to take an under water camera with ya :snap: that would be cool :nod: ,
have a safe journey. donna :) .

Most reactions

Back