grumpy bristlenose

-cAtFiSh-

Fish Herder
Reaction score
i recently got some panda cories and my bristlenose doesnt seem to be happy about it at all. all four pandas and the bristlenose seem to have claimed the same little area of the tank (the back left corner) and whenever the pandas get within an inch of the bn he chases them off. i'm just a little concerned about the bn doing some real damage. all he does at the moment is kind of headbutt the pandas and then they swim off but they are so dumb that they just go back to the same spot a couple of seconds later and carry on with what they were doing only to be chased off again. its pretty amusing to watch but should i be concerned? the bn isnt very big, only about 4cm long and the pandas are about half that size. so yeah, is it anything to worry about?

Don't think he will hurt the corys. He just being territorial. Usually plecos find a cave or hole and claim it for their own and keeps other nosey fish chased away. Probably the only exercise they get! :lol:

Corys are just being curious and playful. They should eventually get tired of bothering him and find another place to play. No really sure about whether the pleco will harm them, though, as I have never put them in the same tank.

Most reactions

Back