Grrr.....How many times can I change my mind?

why did you deside against cichlids? keeping cichlids with inverts is the most like keeping a SW tank that you can get with a low budget.

Your current list would be over-stocking.

Decide between the two gourami species. Choose one kind of livebearer and stick to a trio. The 10 neons are ok. Reduce the number of cories slightly to about 6-8. The rams are fine. That's your tank pretty much fully stocked but with a little space left over for the future (you WILL need it).

Honestly though, it seems to me that what you need to do is extra research. Seeing as you changed your mind so many times, I suspect you aren't realy certain of what fish you like. You see with me, for example, I fell in love with gouramies and have always felt I HAD to have some of those and I base almost every tank I own around them. Recently though, I've also gotten interested in species tanks and breeding more unusual (though it seems they are always related to gouramies) fish. Maybe what you need to do is look around more until you find a type of fish you realy like. Then you won't regret stocking your tank with the fish other people suggested when realy they weren't what you wanted and you won't lose interest. There are SO many options out there...

I dunno....I guesss I was looking for what chichilids didn't have.......I've decided I like small shoals, pairs, ect.
Is there anything in chichilids that only grows like 2-3 inches, and can be kept in small groups, and is compatable with gouramis? I didn't find a whole lot for what I was looking for.
I think I like this alittle better....
When I do eventually do a cichilid tank, I want it to be at 100G.

Here?
10 Neons
3 Swordies
6 Cories
2 Dwarf Gouramis
2 Rams
3 Platies
6 Phantoms

:thumbs:
Thats what I wanted to hear.... :nod:

Bump......but this is another reason to duble post -
Including the cories, thats 68 inches - a little over board.
But can it still work helthily?

I would take Honey Gouramis instead of the Dwarfs. More swordies and skip the platies.

And there you go....good tank.

Oh yeah, last night I decided to exclude the gouramis...

so with a few taken, and a few given, heres the list
10 Neons
4 Swordies
6 Cories
2 Rams
3 Platies
8 Phantoms

Most reactions

Back