Got Guppy Fry!

SunFire

Reaction score
This morning i woke and turned on my guppy tank light. Feed them, them being four females. Came back like five minutes later and i noticed there were fry. I was over joyed. i put the five of them in the breeder net. i figured it was the newest female that i had gotten, she was fat when i got her and now she's not fat anymore. I also have two other really pregnant , i'm wonder when they'll give birth and to how many!!!

how fast do guppy fry grow?

Congrats on the newest arrivals! :D

The rate Guppy fry grow at depends on how much, and what they are fed, and just naturally how fast they grow. Some are slow growers, some are fast. For the best results, feed 5-6 times per day, and suppliment in some kind of high-protein food to their normal diet. :thumbs:

i was wondering if i could add blood worm to their crushed fllakes. It that ok?

Sure, they'll love bloodworms! Mine always go crazy over them. Just make sure they are small enough for them to eat, and don't overfeed. :)

ok i'll see if mine good crazy for the blood worms, Annastasia.

Something fishy here, thats awsome! I have two other pregnant ladies... hope they have them soon.

I used the fry food from Hikari and fed several times a day. If you are in the US, you can contact Hikari via their website requesting some samples for fry. They sent me quite a bit of sample so I have a lot left over and it is very fine for the fry to eat. They really went crazy over it! If the fry are just born, I can't imagine them being ready to eat bloodworms yet, I'd wait until they were atleast a month unless you can chop up the bloodworm into teeny tiny pieces. You could also try a live culture of microworms which sell on Aquabid for about $5

I've also found Brine Shrimp "pellets" that crumble into powder when pressed, work wonders on my fry.
No live foods available here. :/

My big fat female had hers, about 11 or so. I have shrimp pellets but i feed that to my clown laoches, i have to buy more shrimp pellts anyways. the blood worms are too big for them right now.
i'll try that, nino.

yeah it is a good feeling.

Most reactions

Back