The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

simonas

stuck between a rock and a fish tank
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
:drool:

I'm so excited my L25 arrived from Trimar today. Hopefully he will settle ok.

He looks quite stressed his fins are pale orange rather than redalthough he is eating an algae wafer at moment. He is only about 4-5 inches long but I love him already!!!

fingers crossed he will flourish in tank and start piling on size and weight

do these fish grow quickly?

I'll post pics when he is settled and less stressed

Growth rates as with all Pseudacanthicus isn't very quick imo. Good pick up and good time to do it since it appears they've just been banned from export.

I'm mortified......I've had my heart on another L273 for a long time now....
Just can't find a nice specimen and decent size

You'd better move quickly I reckon. Once everyone knows, any hyps, pseudas (minus L114) etc will be snapped up and only sold for vastly inflated prices I'd imagine.

I think you're right. I'm probably better off just getting a smaller one then.

Looks like i sold up at the wrong time!! $$$

From what I've read it sounds like its only temporary - they are basing the allowed exports on a list from 2006 that is missing MANY of our favourite described plecs from it - however there is a new list set to be rolled out to replace the 2006 one in the next few months - that should dramatically relieve the situation.

L-25s grow real slow. I had mine for almost year and he never grew an inch from his three inch length. And he was in a 120, so there was no way he could have been stunted. I hated getting rid of him, but he was sucking on my woodcats, which i know have a species tank for. Hope the list works out, as I was thinking about getting another one.

Growth rates as with all Pseudacanthicus isn't very quick imo. Good pick up and good time to do it since it appears they've just been banned from export.

I'd read about that on Plevofanatics which influenced my purchase really

can't fault Trimar the plec was packaged brilliantly and my L25 seems to have settled ok. He was out a little last night although I didnt really look much cos had to get out

Pics when I can lol

He's has lighter orange tail fin rather than red. do they clour up with age?

He's has lighter orange tail fin rather than red. do they clour up with age?

Scarlets can just vary in oranges colours, through to really rich dark red.

My 14 inch L25 is more orange than red. And my smaller L25, which is 7 inches is a lot richer in colour.

I have heard feeding prawns can en-rich a scarlets colour.

hes still orangey rather than red. He is being very secretive hiding just so I can only see his tail and when he comes out he pops his head and thats about it apart from a couple of quick sorties out of his hidey hole!!!

I put some prawn by his hiding space last night when lights were out and hoe that he gets them. I'll have to target feed him for now till he gets tamer

Problem I have is reedfish. Ihave three and they seem to get at everything before he does!!! I believe they have a strong sense of smell

Didn;t realise I'd had my LS5 more than a year, he's only grown about an extra inch maybe 2 and I still hardly see him, but hes worth it a stunning fish when he comes out!!

Most reactions

Back