Goldfish

Some friends had a goldfish who earned the name monster after devouring all the guppies.
Thumbs up for that fish then. A gold fish is the same thing as a carp, so don't expect it be be "nice" and "cuddly?" because that is naive.
I have never had the conception that they were cuddly, i don't reallt like them as i said it was given to me and i didn't have the heart to say no. Any way fish has a new home, wanda is going to a pond (my Bros)
I didn't aim that at you, but at the people that think that of goldfish. Commons and feeders are the same thing and they can get from 2.5 to 3 feed if they are kept in a big pond, if they get to live long enough of course. There is a park close by and it has various types of goldfish, it even has fancy ones and they all shoal together creating a big orange shoal, a spectacular sight.
Some friends had a goldfish who earned the name monster after devouring all the guppies.
Thumbs up for that fish then. A gold fish is the same thing as a carp, so don't expect it be be "nice" and "cuddly?" because that is naive.
I have never had the conception that they were cuddly, i don't reallt like them as i said it was given to me and i didn't have the heart to say no. Any way fish has a new home, wanda is going to a pond (my Bros)
I didn't aim that at you, but at the people that think that of goldfish. Commons and feeders are the same thing and they can get from 2 to 2.5 feet if they are kept in a big pond, if they get to live long enough of course. There is a park close by and it has various types of goldfish, it even has fancy ones and they all shoal together creating a big orange shoal, a spectacular sight.

feeders get like 9" commons 24" and commets 18" they all look different.

There is no such thing as a particular type of "feeder goldfish", rather "feeder fish" is just a name that can be given to any fish intended to be used as food for predatory animals

It would probably be better for the fish if you found someone with a pond. Commons get biiig and they like a lot of swimming room. If you were to keep the fish in a tank, and good size would be 30+ galllons.

Larger than that, 30gallons would be fine for most fancy goldfish, but non-fancy varieties like comets and commons need at least 75gallons for just the one goldie. Ponds are often the best environments for such varieties of goldfish as its often much cheaper to dig a very large pond than buy a very large tank, plus non-fancy varieties of goldfish prefer the colder temps ponds offer.

Anyhoo, goldfish will basically eat any fish which is smaller enough to fit in their mouths and be caught by the goldfish.

Most reactions

Back