Going Zeo

I looked in to it, but seems mighty expensive for the whole kit and caboodle!

Seffie x

:fish:

I also would like to go down this route eventually.

A fair amount of people seem to start off with one or two of the supplements, my self included.

I would need a calcium reactor and the zeovit reactor.

There are a few starter kits available, the likes of STM have them, seem expensive for the bits of plastic though.

Would be tempted to use cleartides reactors with the Zeovit stuff.

Ben, I read the bit where it tells you what it was, then scrolled down and hastly hit the 'X' on the top right hand side.
:p

YF

A fair amount of people seem to start off with one or two of the supplements, my self included.

There are a few starter kits available, the likes of STM have them, seem expensive for the bits of plastic though.

Apparently those clear tides ones are fine. You need 1L or zeo per 400L so id need a reacotr big enough for just 1L. Then you do 100L/H flow through the reactor for every 100L of water. So a maxi-jet 400 would be perfect.

Clear tides prices are very good I have ordered a Nitrate Reactor amd Alk Reactor from them for less than a nice bit of coral :)

I also use the amino acid product and am really pleased with the results ;)

I would be tempted to wait till the 6ft is set up. May set it up as Zeovit from the start, seems a bit easier then swapping to zeovit from what I have read.

So, I would need a 2L reactor and a Maxijet 800, which I dont think they do but I do have an MJ 900 that can be used submerged or in-line.

Then I would need the equivalent sized calcium reactor which I was going to add to the 6ft anyway as supplements in that size tank would be expensive.

I'd DIY the reactors myself, just need some air-tight sweety jars to mod...

All the best
Rabbut

And do you have any plans to make any reactors out of sweetie jars Rabutt, I feel another DIY step by step request coming on :lol:

Most reactions

Back