GloFish

crimsontsavo said:
Yes, and it is a shame that we have gentically engineered foods. Alot of the corn/wheat,etc. is sterile. You can not plant it and have it come true. We grow Heirloom veggies and fruits here. It is getting hard to find some of the older foods as a result of genetic altering. :sad:
I prefer to plant Heirlooms too (teehee, so excited about my garden this year,last years was fabulous!) but I like some of the crazy genetic altered tomatoes too :whistle:

Ooops, are we hijacking? :rofl:

Come crimson...let's go talk gardening!!! :kana:

By the way opcn, thanks for clearing that up about the S shapes...I looked at them and I was... :crazy:

Well if you think about in the fish's point of veiw it will seem like a huge pointy thing coming down and getting poked by it. then they eventually get sick and suffer and then eventually die. Imagine how it feels geting jabbed by a huge needle!! :crazy:

Pleco, I think you are on the wrong thread...

And it is 100% at ff... no one thinks dyed fish are a good thing...
That, though, has nothing to do with Glow fish...

Pleco-Heaven said:
Imagine how it feels geting jabbed by a huge needle!! :crazy:
Stop *drooling* you're making me want another tattoo

Adrinal's right, that's not how the glo-fish are made and we do not condone the purchase of injected fish

For one thing, genetically altered food is different than fish. Fish are animals, have brains and other vital organs, and therefor it is different than altering a plant, which has no brain or heart. Until, we know what this is like for the fish, it should be halted. And I beleive the only way to know this is for some human to volunteer and that isn't going to happen nor would it be allowed. No matter whether you think it is good or bad, there is no proof saying that fish don't feel pain, so knowone knows what this does to a fish. Just my 2 cents.

crikey... now I see how monster movies are made...
First of all there is no pain in genetic manipulation... well not in the outcome... the failures probably arn't that fun..
2) the Cickens and Cows and Pigs are ALL pumped so full... NM trust me when I say that they are bad, much worse infact then the glow fish.
3) what... lets see some info on this radioactive thing... Sorry for being distrustworthy... but... well you see how it is around here!

Adrinal said:
crikey... now I see how monster movies are made...
First of all there is no pain in genetic manipulation... well not in the outcome... the failures probably arn't that fun..
2) the Cickens and Cows and Pigs are ALL pumped so full... NM trust me when I say that they are bad, much worse infact then the glow fish.
3) what... lets see some info on this radioactive thing... Sorry for being distrustworthy... but... well you see how it is around here!
How do you know there is no pain in genetic manipulation? Did it happen to your embryo? These fish can't show us pain so we don't know if they are going through it. Just because they were not alive when it happened doesn't mean they can't feel the effects it had on them. And whose to say these effects aren't painful?You say the chickens, cows, andand stuff are pumped full. Well, for one, I won't take your word for it without evidence. I'm not calling you a liar, and I don't necessarily doubt it but you can't really make a statement like that without evidence.

peta.com

Point is, work with me here, there are no needles being injected into glow fish. They are now breed just like any fish.

Adrinal said:
Point is, work with me here, there are no needles being injected into glow fish. They are now breed just like any fish.
I don't think it is really a question of needles or no needles. We give all sorts of animals shots with needles and this is not considered cruel. But when you start manipulating something from nature, be it color, shape, temperment, whatever, you are messing with something that was not meant to be. If this company started making neon glowing labrador retreivers, would people allow this? I am not saying that danios are the same as labs, but who can choose the value of one animal over another. And whose to say that this "mutation" isn't painful and scarring to every one of these fish, whether injected or bred?

KYLE... that is another point and worth looking at..
we were just debunking that glow fish are injected with anything after birth...
one point at a time...

The final point isnt out on glow fish or if genetic altering is good or bad... read the above posts and you will see... just trying to keep apples and oranges sepperat :crazy: :crazy:

Pleco-Heaven said:
Well if you think about in the fish's point of veiw it will seem like a huge pointy thing coming down and getting poked by it. then they eventually get sick and suffer and then eventually die. Imagine how it feels geting jabbed by a huge needle!! :crazy:
Responding to this.

Most reactions

Back