Glass Anemone

DebsR

Reaction score
:crazy: I have only got one thing growing in my tank and I have now identified it as a glass anemone (aiptasia spp) and it is a pest apparently!!!!

I will have to remove it wont I?

I have read that you squirt boiling water onto it..... once I do that will it die back and then should I remove it or just leave it????

:/

Mr. Miaggi did a whole write up on this. Check out the marine section FAQ's. SH

Mr. Miaggi did a whole write up on this. Check out the marine section FAQ's. SH

I have just read it and decided to try the boiling water method! just squirted it and it has now shot back in its hidey hole!!!! oh well! I feel so cruel! :-(

Dont feel so bad there will be 10 to replace it in a week :blink:

If there are any more or the Boiling Water doesnt work I have Millputted over a few with good results

:good:

Dont feel so bad there will be 10 to replace it in a week :blink:

If there are any more or the Boiling Water doesnt work I have Millputted over a few with good results

:good:

Great! :crazy:

I would just buy that elimi-aiptasia stuff. I heard calcium carbonate spit directly into it also kills it, I know there was more to it then that though.

Try small amounts of vinegar. It should be in your kitcehn cuboard, or you can buy it cheap enough. Squirting boiling water on it might not work. Any part of the 'Tasia that survives can reproduce. Boiling water would disipate quickly if your circulation was adeqaute. Try vinegar, and try piercing the 'tasia, or buy JJ (joes juice) and cover the mouth of them with the stuff.

I didn't want to use chemicals in my tank unless nessary to kill some apista I had so I used peppermint shrimp and sure enough within a few days they were all gone just an idea for a harmless way to get rid of them if you wanted to avoid chemicals and the other methods don't work.

Most reactions

Back