Girlfriend Time....

corrosive & bUcky – thank you for the sane comments…much appreciated

You're Welcome - Mewhorse

oh and if you are trying to display sarcasim, u have to use the happy faces like this :)

or this one :S :hyper:

i think this :hey: one is the pedophile....aka the pedosmile ahahhaa

(I actually possess a rather high IQ and a very good work ethic and unfortunately do have issues with moronic individuals)
And modest to boot!

Smart and successful in your endeavors though you may be, you have quite a sour attitude when told what you don't want to hear, and due to this, I honestly doubt you will be missed if indeed you choose to leave. There are other forums more tolerant of that sort of thing. Do whatever you want to do, but don't expect members here to tell you what you want to hear; our priority is the fish, not your fragile ego.

catxx – sure when you breed horses you only get 1 foal (often stillborn/absorbed fetus unfortunately) but even 2 foals out in the field can easily become aggressive and do some serious damage to each other even at a young age – only takes 1 good kick in the right spot - so much safer than bettas?? Tell that to my former coworker after his 3 week hospital ordeal from a 2 week old foal kick…and when exactly did I say I was planning to make money out of this? Maybe the giving away for free (or the huge price of $0.50!) that’ll put the pennies in the bank! Hmmm…And sure I wanted to listen to advice which was why I asked but how much ACTUAL advice did I get? Even if I got a pair of crowntails how successful would I be with all the “don’t do itâ€￾ supposed advice?

breed VTs then
just don't come crying to us when it doesn't work out and you lose both your fish in the process.
clearly you know all about this anyway as you're MUCH smarter than ANYONE else and have obviously achieved much more in your life than anyone on this message board.

synirr hit the nail on the head.

unfortunately do have issues with moronic individuals

pot kettle black calling?

i didn't mean to honor this individual with a reply, but extremely high IQ and all my qualifications and my best friend Stephen Hawking told me to do it.

YOU may have a high IQ but your fish may not. So only the smartest and most intelligent people can breed bettas, crix, mealies etc :lol: :lol: thats a load of rubbish. How do ya think i managed to do it! You came here to hear what you wanted to hear. But you didn't get it. Breed what you want. But try flogging off 100+ betta fry for money :lol: :lol:

People don't need a high IQ to take care of fish. My sister is 8 years old and can take care of her fish just fine -- and our IQ's are normal.

And you said you hadn't REALLY planned on coming and reading this forum ever again, but that really translates to: oh, I wonder if I've gotten any more replies I can use to show off more too. We might not have the highest IQ here but we can tell when people are just looking for attention. In the short time I've been here, I've seen too many people to count running around just looking for attention.

Oh, sorry. I forgot to mention that I thought horses were part fish!! You mean they CAN'T breathe under water? :rolleyes:

Well, I wasn’t gonna even read this forum anymore – better ways to spend my time but got bored on my night off so here goes:
Nice way to validate yourself. We don't care that you have "better ways to spend your time". Please don't try to impress us with crap like that.

re horses: my goal was not to compare horses to fish in any way – I guess I should have brought up my successful breeding/sale of various types of finches, and purebred siamese cats, and mealworms/cricket feeders etc…my goal was simply to show that if I try something – I succeed way beyond expectations (I actually possess a rather high IQ and a very good work ethic and unfortunately do have issues with moronic individuals)
What a modest guy. If you are so smart, you'd know that the IQ scale is complete crap, hm? But enough about that. And if you bred those species, you must know that you have to do some research before you go off and breed them, eh? They all have different mating habits and etc. Well it just so happens that domesticated bettas are quite violent toward one another - the male is violent toward the female anytime she does not want to mate, or even just for no reason.

Chrissi…I guess the word ‘sarcasm’ is not in your vocabulary…but if they were just those veiltail mutts as feeders how would the finnage even be a waste? they are just mutts right? And if no male bettas can ever be together how do the teeny fry ever survive? And how can you even tell the difference between genders at such a young age? Did I even say that I would raise them to full size to use them? And feed to what size of fish (in a 10 gallon – how big could it even be? I’m sure a 4 foot red tail catfish would fit in there oh so comfortably with a few grown bala sharks, and oscars and a couple of arrowanas too but oh no – they might choke on those nasty pitiful fins) And what ADVICE did you give me other than that I am apparently insane? (drool some more) :drool: and if bettas from petstores come from a “breeder who knows what they’re doing†then how could they possibly justify breeding these horribly mutated nasty veiltails? I mean, who would possibly ever want one of these pitiful things?
If sarcasm is not in my vocabulary, why would I say those terrible things about horses? Obviously I was being sarcastic. But oh well, carrying on...

I meant that, why feed something a fish with long flowing finnage when you could feed it something tastier?

I have nothing against using bettas as feeders, I just know that it's not common practice. They aren't really that meaty... :lol:

I gave you plenty of advice at first. You asked whether it's a good idea to put them in together and let them breed - I said no. I was assuming that you wanted to KEEP the babies and weren't just going to use them as feeders. If you are, I take back everything I said. Go ahead and breed the bettas - if you aren't going to raise any of them.

You said "If no male bettas can ever be together how do the teen fry ever survive?" Well, if you had actually read anything I said, you'd see that I said "Males must be separated once they become rowdy". ONCE THEY BECOME ROWDY. Did you miss that? I never said all males are agressive toward one another. They just have a strong tendency to do so. Indeed, some breeders end up with males that are only separated to avoid the spawning of more fry in the sorority tanks - these males are docile the way they were when they were younger. But, as in any case, there are ALWAYS exceptions to the rule, and these males are definitely exceptions.

What you sound like to me is a pompous ass who wanted to hear one precise answer: "Go for it! Have fun!" When I didn't give you that answer, and instead was honest, you were offended.

Now I suggest that, before you come back to me retorting that "Oh yeah well males never fight blah blah blah" that you go and do some RESEARCH.

and if bettas from petstores come from a “breeder who knows what they’re doing†then how could they possibly justify breeding these horribly mutated nasty veiltails?
You entirely missed my point. I used the word "qualified" attached to the word "breeder" to indicate those breeders who know what they are doing, and the ones who breed the bettas that go to the petstores are usually NOT those breeders. First off I don't think any real breeder would allow their beautiful betta children to rot in those tiny cups.

Are you just a troll or something? You are beginning to sound like it - you're arguing with me over things I never even said or intended.

I suppose if you have the money, buy a nice pair of bettas from www.aquabid.com and then look up your research so you know what you are doing (i certainly don't know how to breed :p) and then try out.

Everyone has to start somewhere, right?

Good luck!!!!

As intelligent and successful as this person is, I have no doubt they are filthy rich to boot :rolleyes:

i dont even know if this topic is still open or if the person who started it is still here i breed horses to and i have spent time in the hospital and i have had friends who died on them sure no big deal! ok? i mean anyone who gets on a horse knows the risk? and just b/c you have a high IQ doesnt mean anything ok? and just b/c you have successfully bred cats and horses and what not ok that tells me that you get bored of things really quickly so in actual reality maybe you are hurting the animals in the process? think of that with your high IQ? and when i bred my horses i only got a still born once and lost the baby and the mother its NOT often that you get a still born its RARE gah i love your IQ

I am with you Suynirr! lol!

*edited b/c someone else made my point*

wow, i mean, i know this topic's pretty old but just wow... for once the fighting didn't get started by a regular!

this whole dispute came out of nowhere--the guy basically just didn't like being told to buy higher-quality bettas with known genetics. nobody really even said anything nasty before he just went off.

i wonder what he ever decided to do with his mutt...

Most reactions

Back