Gill Flukes, Tb Or Something Else?

nitrogen15

Reaction score
I initially thought my new guppies were just having trouble adjusting, but their symptoms resumed. I'm treating with chelated copper for gill flukes, but would appreciate another opinion. I have only had them a week, and the tank is new but the filter is established, all params perfect.

Symptoms are:
slumped spines (could be genetic, as it looks identical on both of them)
enflamed gills and gill flaring
breathing at the surface
faulty swim bladder causing them to sink quickly
flicking (stopped after applying parasite meds)
got pale, but started to darken again after meds
low appetite, but always take food
one is thin, the other is very pregnant
poo seems normal
skin and scales look normal
still dropping live babies

Apart from sinking, is their swimming motion otherwise affected or do they swim in a straight line? also, is the thin fish definitely eating the food?

I only ask this as a lot of these symptoms are similar to something I am experiencing. I noticed that my thin guppy was taking some food, and seemed very interested in the food but would spit it out again a few seconds later...

Params:
Ammonia-0
Nitrite-0
pH-7.5

Thanks for the replies. The fish swim in a straight line, and don't seem disoriented at all. They just have to swim harder to stay afloat. I saw some abnormal poo on one of the week-old babies today. It was white and stringy. A few days ago the two adults were spitting out the food, but now they seem to be keeping it in and their appetite is higher.

Most reactions

Back