Getting A 240 Gallon Glasscage Aquarium?

Snake42490

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Ok so i am very very soon as in tomorrow going to buy a new 240 gallon glasscage aquarium for 720 dollars. :D im super excited and have read many good reviews and a couple bad but i figured thats probably how all companies are.. Would really like to hear what you guys think : ) thanks

just make sure they have a real damn good (good for you) warranty in case of disaster. I had a support pop it's seam on my big tank and was told to basicly kiss their ...
it sits now empty in storage.
I had to get rid of 95% of my EXPENSIVE tanganyikans because where I'm at, there isnt a market for them.

thats the thing haha.. they only have a 90 day warranty... would anyone else have any good ideas on where to get a 240 gallon tank 96x24x25 for around 720 total.. something that has a better warranty?...

thats the thing haha.. they only have a 90 day warranty... would anyone else have any good ideas on where to get a 240 gallon tank 96x24x25 for around 720 total.. something that has a better warranty?...

90 Day Warranty??!?!, How Useless is that lol......If I was spending that much money I would seriously try and find someone else :D

My friend has a 240 Gal from glasscages.com and its REALLY NICE but the glass lids it came with you could break easily. Other than that its a real nice tank.

Its reinforced everywhere with extra glass. I can ask him how the warrenty is but from the looks of it its VERY well support on every inch of the tank.

from everyone i have heard the takes are very well reinforced like you said.. is there anyway to reinforce a tank... The only thing i could see happen would be the silicon blowing out.. but idk.. I just thought if anyone had an idea to clamp it or something.. adding extra silicon or modifying it in that way ends the warranty lol!.

Believe me, there is no other reinforcing to be done with tanks form Glasscages.com. They do it every inch. Trust me. My friend has had his for I think 4 + years. I think they must have used over 100 tubes of silicone on all the reinforcments as well. When they mate 2 pieces of glass together, they silicone every inch of the sandwiched glass so their is no air gaps inside.

Beautiful made tank and very structually sound.

ok so it seems that glasscages does have great aquariums.. but what kills them is that they only have a 90 day warranty.. So yeah that is a huge put down for me.

Now im looking at 2 new brands Oceanic and Great Lakes Aquariums.

Does anyone know the warranty of Great Lakes Aquariums?

I know Oceanic has a lifetime warranty on their tanks +++++

Here is a picture of what the tops of their tanks look like.

240tall-side-close.jpg

I havn't heard anything about the other brands though.

this is a toss up! hahha i dont know what i want to do.

Do you guys recommend building a stand or buying one

Could you make a stand of high enough quality at a better price then buying one? if so, make it :) else, dont.

part of me thinks i should just save for a bit longer.. and then get the tank with the stand etc.. I will see when i get my prices from the other 2 stores

Most reactions

Back