AM I CRAZY? Dumping Dirt in my Tank

On a more recent note, my 10yo brother brought home a trio of tadpoles from a local pond (one with what I believe is a little sewage drain, as it has a yellow tarp tube surrounding it to keep plastic from dispersing) in an old Fireball Shooter he found on the bank...and then proceeded to put them in his empty 18.9L bowfront. As many times as we've tried taking things home (from baby barn swallows nested in hair to garter snakes in the pockets of various zip-ups), this was the first my mother didn't prohibit (although she reconsidered after my brother and I performed a daring rescue that involved taking apart the plumbing of the bathroom sink, with her at work and my father on a business trip 😳)
Got a tadpole caught in the trap? Were you able to rescue it? Between aquarium rescues and living in an old house, I've learned a lot about plumbing. :lol:

Got a tadpole caught in the trap? Were you able to rescue it? Between aquarium rescues and living in an old house, I've learned a lot about plumbing. :lol:
No, long story short is that it went down the drain--without a trap. We took the pipes apart, shut the water off temporarily, and then managed to rescue the poor thing. From there we checked for leaks, searched through random gag-gift style handyman books belonging to my dad for advice (we didn't have the internet on at that moment), and then used plumber's putty on the rubber gasket, which was the source of the leak that had been occurring for four months previously. Overall, not bad for only having two-hours before my mom came home (of course this occurred on back to school night) :good:

No, long story short is that it went down the drain--without a trap. We took the pipes apart, shut the water off temporarily, and then managed to rescue the poor thing. From there we checked for leaks, searched through random gag-gift style handyman books belonging to my dad for advice (we didn't have the internet on at that moment), and then used plumber's putty on the rubber gasket, which was the source of the leak that had been occurring for four months previously. Overall, not bad for only having two-hours before my mom came home (of course this occurred on back to school night) :good:
Wow, quite an adventure.

Most reactions

Back