Gay Fish?

Animals do not exhibit homosexuality in the wild nor in our aquariums.

=======================================

Actaully theres a recent study on the increase in lesbianism in female koalas. A good portion of females will turn down a strong male to have "intercourse" with another female. But I doubt something as primitive as a fish can be homosexual. I believe that that is something only mammals posess.

and how do you this for a fact? If it's true that you are "born gay" then any animal can be born gay.

fish can't be "homosexual" as we see it, there is no way they are mentally complex and intelligent enough to have such sexual orientations.

and how do you this for a fact? If it's true that you are "born gay" then any animal can be born gay.

ridiculous, not any animal can be "born gay" just because humans can be (debatably), going by that judgement then animals should be able to do everything that humans can, which isnt true.

I do know that some same-sex animals do "mount" each other or whatever depending on the animal, but thats usually in single sex groups kept in confinement.

Also, all of or the majority of other animals do not mate for pleasure, and do not hold any particular passion for their mate, they mate to reproduce and thats it, there is no reason for animals to truly be homosexuals because they do not mate for pleasure and they do not have relationships as such. I know some animals "mate for life" but i think that saying they "love" each other would be taking it too far.

oh. it makes sense now. But since the dolphin is the only anaimal besides humans that mate for pleasure then.. maybe..

Most reactions

Back