Gambusia Spp. From The Big Island Of Hawaii

trimotoman

Reaction score
her r my gambusia from hawaii the females get about 2" and the males come close probly the biggest strain i have ever seen

heres pics of when i first cuaght them they were in a brackish pond

and hres after i crossed them to gambusia affnis and gambusia holbrooki

I spy a spotted male in last picture. Never seen that polka dots type on the male before. Mine was just mottled.

I spy a spotted male in last picture. Never seen that polka dots type on the male before. Mine was just mottled.

that was my first cross between my spotted gambusia and the hawaiian gambusia the male in that pic was almost 2in very unusual for the males to get that big

It must be from hybrid vigor, gave this male to grew up to a little bigger than its sire.

It must be from hybrid vigor, gave this male to grew up to a little bigger than its sire.

one of my females dropped bout a month ago, now the fry is full grown and bigger then the one in the pic but it is almost completely black

one of my females dropped bout a month ago, now the fry is full grown and bigger then the one in the pic but it is almost completely black
Do you have a picture of this black male? I recently got a new male affinis and he is about a 2 inch long which that's big for the affinis males. I thought I got a young female until I saw her pipe. I add him to my affinis colony (because I have no male left).

That is great looking male you have and rhizophorae too, they look different from affinis/holbrooki. Can't wait to see what the hybrids between hawaiian and rhizophorae looks.

That is great looking male you have and rhizophorae too, they look different from affinis/holbrooki. Can't wait to see what the hybrids between hawaiian and rhizophorae looks.

me either, i like the gold coloring on the huge black male

I've seen few spotted mosquitofish with gold freckles in picture but that's not common since I have only spotted ones that don't have any gold freckles on them. I guess different color type? Might called these with gold freckles as Calico mosquitofish.

I've seen few spotted mosquitofish with gold freckles in picture but that's not common since I have only spotted ones that don't have any gold freckles on them. I guess different color type? Might called these with gold freckles as Calico mosquitofish.

ya i should try to line breed a mosquito that has no black and only gold freckles

Most reactions

Back