Fx5 Dead, Motor Not Working

Mr Spoon

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi, i checked my tanks last night, all was working well :nod: then half an hour later i find my fx5 not running :no: , checked fuse, cleaned it out, took motor and impeller apart to clean and still not working. I bought it new from a ebay aquatic shop.

have u got a contact number/email for them? ive never heard of one dying before thats not to say it wouldnt happen tho.. get back to them and insist they get a replacement to you ASAP.. and of course keep and eye on your stats in the meantime..
if you get no joy call hagen direct 01977 556622 ive had dealings with them in the past and found them to be very friendly :)

have u got a contact number/email for them? ive never heard of one dying before thats not to say it wouldnt happen tho.. get back to them and insist they get a replacement to you ASAP.. and of course keep and eye on your stats in the meantime..
if you get no joy call hagen direct 01977 556622 ive had dealings with them in the past and found them to be very friendly :)
Thanks, i will mail the seller through ebay messaging and see what they say, i've taken filter media out the fx5 and put as much as will fit into my old 405

I cant find it right now but there is a really good FX5 trouble shooting guide on the net somewhere dont know if you have seen it? I had some massive issues with mine the other day (still dealing with the results) have you got the media in the right baskets ie no sponges or floss in the top section?

Wills

I cant find it right now but there is a really good FX5 trouble shooting guide on the net somewhere dont know if you have seen it? I had some massive issues with mine the other day (still dealing with the results) have you got the media in the right baskets ie no sponges or floss in the top section?

Wills
I googled but can't find anything on fx5 problems other than filters blowing out micro bubbles. Media is the correct way, I only use ceramics in my fx5 other than the sponge that Are around the out side of the baskets. I Have the filter floss in my 405 which is on the same tank. At the moment my 405 is filled with the ceramics that was in the fx5 so my good bacteria won't die.

I emailed the seller and they have asked me to unscrew the pump from the filter housing and send it to them and they are posting a new pump today :)

That's bloody good service? Just wished all ebayers were like this :)

plastic pin on the plug? You mean like the electrical plug? If so, just buy a extension cord and splice a new plug on.

Problem with doing this is if it's a molded plug then cutting it off normally affects the warranty.

plastic pin on the plug? You mean like the electrical plug? If so, just buy a extension cord and splice a new plug on.

Problem with doing this is if it's a molded plug then cutting it off normally affects the warranty.
Thats why I havnt cut the plug off. I've managed to plug it in to one of those plug in cube sockets where you get about 2/3 sockets on it. I put a screw driver in the earth pin so the live and neutral opens so I was able to plug it in. ( Disclaimer. i don't recommend anyone to do this ) I'm a electrician so was able to do it in a safe way.

i hate to say this but this is the problems from buying online

if something brakes you need to wait 2-7 days before you get the new part back

ok your local fish shop maybe a bit more expensive but if some thing does go wrong then you can get it sorted the same day the next day at the latest

i think its worth paying the extra money on thing like filters or heaters as they are thing you cant afford to have not running for up to 7 days

i hate to say this but this is the problems from buying online

if something brakes you need to wait 2-7 days before you get the new part back

ok your local fish shop maybe a bit more expensive but if some thing does go wrong then you can get it sorted the same day the next day at the latest

i think its worth paying the extra money on thing like filters or heaters as they are thing you cant afford to have not running for up to 7 days
I know what your saying but i'd rather pay £145 online for a fx5 than £300 in a shop. I got a spare fluval 405 in case of breakdown and always have spare heaters just incase :)

Most reactions

Back