Fungussy Gourami

Flexibility is always worthwhile but then again indecision is a killer. Can't decide which I have.
We all have moments of indecision.

I only ever bought melafix once. It takes your breath away the smell of it.
it's not cheap to buy either. But it a good antiseptic treatment.

Flexibility is always worthwhile but then again indecision is a killer. Can't decide which I have.
We all have moments of indecision.

I only ever bought melafix once. It takes your breath away the smell of it.
it's not cheap to buy either. But it a good antiseptic treatment.

I thought it was quite a pleasant smell actually. Sort of piney. I looked at getting some of the cajeput oil to make my own and for under £4.00 including postage you can get enough to make a litre of it.. I wouldn't use that amount in a life time though and it might be a bother finding a fish-safe emulsifier, but maybe worth it for an association of aquarists.

I'll attach today's pic of Bumpy. Still doing well. I've done a 40% water change and put carbon in the filter today. Probably safe to add Melafix now according to their label but I'll wait for a couple of days and decide if I want to add a half dose.

Attachments

• IMG_5341.JPG
    IMG_5341.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 42
Bless Him.
He looks alot better.

You could also soak his food in garlic juice to give his immune system a boost.

Thank you for the update.
:good:

Latest Pics of the Fungussed one. He's all better now, I ran some carbon in the filter for three days. decided not to add any Melafix as things seemed to be going well. He continued to improve and now I can't see by eye much of a difference between him and the other two. He is also now practically on the same social level as the other two, who allow him in "their" part of the tank most of the time too. A happy ending.

I'll post some pics of his progress in the last couple of weeks. hmmm.. well I will if I can work out how it's done now.

Here he is in the top picture on 23rd October

Next on 31st October

And finally Today - 9th November

Attachments

• IMG_5354 23.10.12.jpg
    IMG_5354 23.10.12.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_5535 31.10.12.jpg
    IMG_5535 31.10.12.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_5565 09.11.12.jpg
    IMG_5565 09.11.12.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 42
Thank you for the update.

good.gif
So happy to hear he made a full recovery.

Most reactions

Back