The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

JuiceBox52

Passionate about fish and their care
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
We need fundraising ideas! So 2 years ago we hosted 3 Ukrainian kids from an orphanage in the warzone. Our neighbors adopted them. This past Christmas our friends hosted 2 adorable kids for four weeks. Vlad and Yulia. They are 11 and 13 years old. They loved them and the kids really opened up to them and became attached to their kids. Ever since they left they felt like they needed to host again but did not think they could adopt so wanted to let someone who would be able to adopt them host instead. All of the other families backed out so they decided they would again. They might adopt the kids!

But, hosting is expensive. And adoption can be up to $50,000 per kid. Hosting costs would be paying for the plane and train fares both ways.

The government is currently working with the Ukrainian government to find a way to get the kids here in August.

We need some fundraising ideas :) in the past we have done massive garage sales and baked shortbread cookies to sell. We had a taco night. But now we need some more covid19 friendly ideas

Just an idea: you could try to get businesses to donate themed items and put together baskets for examples of themed baskets (a movie night basket, a candy bar basket, an art basket, or a reading basket), and you could advertise to your neighborhood about a basket raffle, set up all the baskets on tables, and sell raffle tickets. Everyone could put in raffle tickets for the basket they want to win and you can pull out a winner for each basket. I'm not sure if that's a very good idea but it might be worth a try! Good luck!

Just an idea: you could try to get businesses to donate themed items and put together baskets for examples of themed baskets (a movie night basket, a candy bar basket, an art basket, or a reading basket), and you could advertise to your neighborhood about a basket raffle, set up all the baskets on tables, and sell raffle tickets. Everyone could put in raffle tickets for the basket they want to win and you can pull out a winner for each basket. I'm not sure if that's a very good idea but it might be worth a try! Good luck!
Thanks!

You could open your own hairdressers...sort of! You could get all the equipment needed to cut hair properly and do an honest donations box.. but i’m not sure how covid-19 friendly this is because you would need to wash the equipment after every use.

You could open your own hairdressers...sort of! You could get all the equipment needed to cut hair properly and do an honest donations box.. but i’m not sure how covid-19 friendly this is because you would need to wash the equipment after every use.
That's a good idea but we all suck at cutting hair (lol) and we probably want to do something with no contact (like porch drop off or something) since we are still in full lockdown :)

In the past I have made custom pinatas and sold them, that was for Operation Christmas child fundraiser. I will do a limited number of custom shoes this time as well but that's not enough haha

Gonna do a raffle for 10 pairs of custom shoes. And we will make tshirts.

Still open to more ideas!

design and produce stationary.. paint a nice design. Scan it into a computer and print out card stock with your logo on the back of the card..tie them with a nice ribbon 15 to a pack with 15 proper sized envelopes (buy them in bulk) and sell them for about $10 per pack. You should be reimbursed for your cost plus some profit for yourself.

For your own benefit, set up a website for guisiana_designs.com and put the website name on the back of all your cards and other products and show all available custom products on your site. Make up business cards with your website on them and distribute them wherever you can. Then maybe someday you can sell on amazon if you expand big enough. Figure out other ways to market your items.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the ideas guys!
I do have a website (giusiana.com) but its not active it's just a domain name right now.

Right now were just trying to get the kids here. For summer the orphanages shut down and the kids are sent to a camp which is usually worse than the orphanage. Kids are kidnapped for trafficking and they have next to no food. We just want them to be safe. Today is the day that all the paperwork needs done and the $750 deposit secured

One good thing though is that 80% of kids who get hosted get adopted! And those who dont have learned what it's like to be a functional family and can break the cycle. Most of the kids who were abandoned at the orphanage are children of previous orphans and showing them what it's like to be a family helps break the cycle.

I like your idea but hate to rain down on your party, I think you have buckley's chance of any kids coming into America during covid19.

I like your idea but hate to rain down on your party, I think you have buckley's chance of any kids coming into America during covid19.
Oh definitely. That's our thought right now. Still can hope right now

Most reactions

Back