Fun Facts We Didn't Need To Know

Deer (and other ungulates) can see blue and green. Coyotes (and other canines) can see blue and a little bit of yellow. So go ahead and wear orange camo when you're hunting, but if you plan on getting close, it's better to leave the blue jeans at home.

A corollary of the above facts: most camo patterns are made to fool humans, not animals. :lol:

Deer (and other ungulates) can see blue and green. Coyotes (and other canines) can see blue and a little bit of yellow. So go ahead and wear orange camo when you're hunting, but if you plan on getting close, it's better to leave the blue jeans at home.

A corollary of the above facts: most camo patterns are made to fool humans, not animals. :lol:
I guess humans kind of just fooled themselves 😂

That is true... I guess it's just another gimmick buy.
You can drown in a teaspoon of water.
You just have to be creative about it
Hmm... Yah. I suppose so 😅

There are more atoms in a grain of sand, than there are grains of sand on the Earth.
And for those that want to do the math, there is Avogadro's number, which is is number of particles in one mole of a substance.
One mole is equal to the atomic mass of that substance in grams. e.g. Carbon ~16 g

L = 6.02214076×10^23 which is a very big number.

Molecular mass of SiO2 = 60.08 g/mol

Sand grain ~50 ug

or about 5x10^17 molecules in a grain of sand
or 1.5 x 10^18 atoms (3 per molecule) in a grain of sand

Last edited:
Carbon is ~12 not 16; oxygen is 16. Nitrogen is 14, hydrogen 1, sodium 23, chlorine 35.5 (that's because there are 2 main isotopes), sulphur 32, cobalt 59 (I know that one as I've worked with cobalt compounds) and lots more I'd have to look up.

Carbon is ~12 not 16; oxygen is 16. Nitrogen is 14, hydrogen 1, sodium 23, chlorine 35.5 (that's because there are 2 main isotopes), sulphur 32, cobalt 59 (I know that one as I've worked with cobalt compounds) and lots more I'd have to look up.
Hah, I always make that mistake, that is why I am a EE and not a ChE - lol

Most reactions

Back