Fry Growth - Week 3 Pic Now Up

wilsonnw8

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Ok Im going to try and keep a log of fry growth so you guys can see the development process, of course there is a chance they wont make it to adulthood but I thought it might be fun to try and keep everyone updated throughout.
Week 1 the fry are tiny and no real eyes or tails can be seen:
Week 2 and a bit the fry's eyes and tails are starting to develop:

I have noted that some of Sams fry seem to have more of a shine to them, this could be me being very hopeful but fingers crossed those 2 have the dragon gene
n.b. Sam the dad is on my banner

Attachments

• Pluto_Fry_close_up.jpg
    Pluto_Fry_close_up.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 30
  • fry_2.jpg
    fry_2.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 17
Great Idea! I'll be very interested to see how to fry develop! =D

Very cool and Great Pics!! :good: How did you get such good pics of the fry? I have been trying with my developing angel fry but can't get anything even close to that.

What are you feeding the fry and how many times?

What are you feeding the fry and how many times?

I use a canon power shot G9 camera and the fry are eating live brine shrimp 2-3 times a day and hikari fry bites once a day! glad you like the photo's I will keep updating the thread! :good:

NEW WAY OF WATER CHANGING TIP:

with fry tanks you must water change once or twice a day, the only issue is that the fry are small enough to be syphoned up at this stage and too young to understand staying away from the tube, net etc I have bought a "pets at home" filter for small tanks gold fish etc that is basically a small sponge filter with an air tube connector, instead of connecting the air tube to the air pump however I suck the tube and syphon the water out, the water is sucked out the tank through the filter with no risk of sucking up fry! Saves a lot of time water changing!

updated fry pics will follow soon

Hope this helps some people!
:good:

Syponing is a traumatic time lol I would spend ages checking and double checking for fry before tipping the water down the sink. They are so curious that you can't help but suck a few up :crazy:

Good, because I'm doing the same thing.What do you have the Fry in?

right now they are in a 40 -50 ltr grow out tank thanks for asking :blush: , have you researched breeding?

Ok I went to syphon out some mould today and then saw a little dude eating it!!! whats more is I also noticed that they now have dorsal fins! how cute! here is the best shot I hope you can see it!

Attachments

• Fry_week_3_dorsal.jpg
    Fry_week_3_dorsal.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 24
That is amazing! Mine never even developed that much :( So looking forward to seeing how they get on over the next few weeks, so exciting!

OMG how cute. The little dude is looking great and you can already see that typical grumpy face lol

Can't wait to see the next update :good:

OMG how cute. The little dude is looking great and you can already see that typical grumpy face lol

Can't wait to see the next update :good:

Thanks Netty :) would you say thats about right growth wise? I read somewhere 2 weeks should show the dorsal and its been 3 ?

Most reactions

Back