Fry And Eggs

cd_customs

Reaction score
Hey ya'll, this is my first thread i have started. my fighting fish have just laid eggs, and i have taken out the female. can any of youse tell me when i should take the male out and when aproximatly the eggs hatch ? i no all about what to feed fry so don't bother writting that.

After 36-48 hours you will see the male careing for the hatched babies, as the fall ou tthe nest he will pick them up and put them back in the nest.

I think it's about 2 days later they become free swimming where they just about swimming aroung, this is when the male sometime mistakes them for food and starts to eat them.

So as soon as u see them free swimming remove him.

I've seen loads of fry reared with the male still in the tank, but there's that chance he'll just as happily eat them

When the eggs hatch how big will the fry be, will i be cleary able to see them ???

The fry are really tiny. The eggs are only as big as a grain of salt and they have to fit inside! You can see them though, and they grow quite quickly. :good:

Their tiny and the see-through as well LOL
They just have a gray colour to them.
And their about 1-1.5 mm.

You shoud see them sticking to the glass as well and hanging out of the nest.

i just got some liquifry no1 today of my friend who tried breeding bettas but got over it so gave it to me for free.

Most reactions

Back