Frozen Bloodworm - Question

I just put them in a cup and add a little warm water.....then dump! They break up pretty fast.

You can just place it on the top and it will melt, they like to pick them off as they melt. :D

I have found that if you defrost them in the water with a net first then they just get stuck to the net which is annoying.

Or alternatively get a glass and take some water from your tank, defrost it in there and then drop them in.

:thumbs:

I cut off a square, defrost it in warm water and then pick out a few each day with pincers to feed to the fish, and keep it in the fridge. Once square lasts me about a week.

It is better to wash it, but they do tend to stick to nets and seives. If anyones got a good tip on how to wash them without this problem, I'd like to know.

i just drop the cube in the tank the fish eat it just fine

so cute a square out and just put it in
NO! you need to rinse them very very well before you put them in the tank. I use a small steal strainer under warm tap water.

The carbon in you filter will be rendered ineffective much faster if you don’t rinse the bloodworms.

I dont worry about the small level of chloramine in my tap water, the slimy coating my the worms will react with, and break down, the chloramine.

Just cut cube in half if needed, depending on how much your fish will eat and put it in tank frozen. It does not take long at all to start defrosting. No need for rinsing them.

I cut off a square, defrost it in warm water and then pick out a few each day with pincers to feed to the fish, and keep it in the fridge. Once square lasts me about a week.

It is better to wash it, but they do tend to stick to nets and seives. If anyones got a good tip on how to wash them without this problem, I'd like to know.
They dont stick too much to my small, fine,wire, strainer, I just rinse the strainer in reverse after it has soaked in warm water. Dont use hot water, proteins will cook and "never" come off...

Oh ya, when I rinse the bloodworms, I use a very light flow of water to prevent the water from forcing the worms into the wire screen.

cup small amount of boiling water to melt -cool with aquarium water and tip in

I just put it rozen in my puffer tank but with my other fish I rub the cube in the water and it starts falling apart. It works fine, then you can control how much each fish gets. If you see one fish getting too many then I move to another part of the tank with the fish and make sure they get some.

yes well i have 2 tanks

so cute a cube rinse under tap for a bit and then drop it in

yes well i have 2 tanks

so cute a cube rinse under tap for a bit and then drop it in
hi killfish,how many fish do you have per tank?as an example i have 15 platy size a loach and 3 gourami in my 180 ltr,i use one cube once a week,i either 1 put it in a plastic cup sit it on top of my tank above the lights to defrost a little or 2 pop in plastic cup hold over hot water to melt it a bt or 3 dump it in,i dont think it matters its up to you :nod: .my fish dont mind either way.

What it is reason for rinsing them?
It says on the pack i buy just to float them on the top. Dont understand about the carbon filter thing. I dont have one though.
-_-

Most reactions

Back