For fun - Open your secret shame! - tank stand storage

I open my stand under my 46... and there's another tank (10g baby tank, so my husband doesn't complain about having to look at extra tanks)
20200729_165728.jpg

Under my 20 is all my buckets, spare equipment, my draining siphon hose and inside the buckets a garden hose for refilling... oh, and a grindal worm culture.
20200729_165712.jpg

I open my stand under my 46... and there's another tank (10g baby tank, so my husband doesn't complain about having to look at extra tanks)
View attachment 111110

Under my 20 is all my buckets, spare equipment, my draining siphon hose and inside the buckets a garden hose for refilling... oh, and a grindal worm culture.
View attachment 111111
You have a secret tank! Within a tank! That might just be my new favourite thing ever. Stealth tanking. How many aquariums can you hide?

View attachment 111110

View attachment 111111
Lol the secret baby tank under the tank is possibly the best thing ive heard this week.
I thought hiding chocolate from my wife in my fish tank stand was bad :)

Lol the secret baby tank under the tank is possibly the best thing ive heard this week.
I thought hiding chocolate from my wife in my fish tank stand was bad :)
You use your wife's measuring jug for water changes (dude, get a plastic jug from dollar tree! :p ) and you hide the chocolate? I am both shocked and appalled. For shame!

The secret baby tank is definitely the best thing this week. I think it needs to featured somehow. Now I want to try to find a place to hide a little tank. Maybe a little five gallon shrimp tank under the sink or something, surprise any nosey guests. I already had a lot of respect for @NCaquatics, but now I'm a little in awe of her ingenuity.

You use your wife's measuring jug for water changes (dude, get a plastic jug from dollar tree! :p ) and you hide the chocolate? I am both shocked and appalled. For shame!

The secret baby tank is definitely the best thing this week. I think it needs to featured somehow. Now I want to try to find a place to hide a little tank. Maybe a little five gallon shrimp tank under the sink or something, surprise any nosey guests. I already had a lot of respect for @NCaquatics, but now I'm a little in awe of her ingenuity.
Lol yeah i try to limit plastic with contact with me and fish, it seems weird cuz the bucket i put the water in is plastic but i like putting a glass container in the tank to catch water plus glass sinks and plastic floats, its a weird quirk i have
As for the Chocolate, dont tell my wife;)

Here’s my storage areas. In the first pic, I have some meds and testing items in a wall cabinet nearby. In the second pic, I have a bookcase/cabinet next to my 35 gallon hex tank and stand. I keep food items and fertilizer on the lower bookshelf for easy access. Seachem prime and assorted filter accessories and an extra bag of colored gravel are kept in the cabinet. Finally in the third pic, I have leftover heaters, a light, and a couple of spare filters in one drawer of a metal filing cabinet filed under”fish equipment”. :lol:
There is also space inside the 35 gallon hex tank stand but I dont use it as it is hard to access.
View attachment 111085View attachment 111086View attachment 111088

Oooh, you have a 35 gal hex stand? Would you have a photo of it handy? What kind of fish do you have in there? Sorry for all the questions, was just browsing gumtree for a new tank earlier this week and was tempted by a hex tank purely for aquascaping purposes. It was only tiny though, and not what I needed, but I am curious about what people do with more unusually shaped tanks :)

Oooh, you have a 35 gal hex stand? Would you have a photo of it handy? What kind of fish do you have in there? Sorry for all the questions, was just browsing gumtree for a new tank earlier this week and was tempted by a hex tank purely for aquascaping purposes. It was only tiny though, and not what I needed, but I am curious about what people do with more unusually shaped tanks :)
My 35 gallon hex tank won tank of the month in January 2019. Here is the Winner's Thread where you can read all about my tank. You will see a pic of the tank followed by a Youtube video of the tank.

My 35 gallon hex tank won tank of the month in January 2019. Here is the Winner's Thread where you can read all about my tank. You will see a pic of the tank followed by a Youtube video of the tank.
Oh wow, it's awesome! I love heavily aquascaped planted tanks, but have a real fondness for themed tanks too, people put a lot of thought into them, and yours is so peaceful. The bridge and rock platform really caught my eye, then read they'd been home-made too! And you made use of the height, which is lovely to see. Has given me some inspiration, thanks!

Most reactions

Back