Food Thief

SoCalMom

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Ugh...

Alfie keeps eating all the food I try to feed the ghost shrimp

I even bought those sinking pellets and the little fattie just dives down and picks them apart to where theyre almost gone

Even when the shrimp swim up to try to get a piece of food, he either nudges them out of the way, or just outright eats it before they can get to it :rolleyes:

Any suggestions?

Scoop out your betta while you feed your shrimp? :)
I have guppies that steal shrimp food..
Do you have sinking algae wafers? They're usually too big to get messed with, you might try that.

Do you have sinking algae wafers? They're usually too big to get messed with, you might try that.

That's what I was thinking...lol

I just don't want to stress him out taking him out all the time. He hates the net :rolleyes:

Does Petco carry the algae wafers? I'll try those

That's what I was thinking...lol

I just don't want to stress him out taking him out all the time. He hates the net :rolleyes:

Does Petco carry the algae wafers? I'll try those

They should. :) Hikari makes them for algae eaters. Shrimp love them.

Cool, thanks

It's back to Petco once my hubby gets off work lol

I swear, all the employees know me by name :rolleyes:

Haha, the petsmart around here, the employees run away when they see me coming. I usually have a sick betta from their stock in hand, or something else to point out. I guess I annoy them :crazy:

Cool, thanks

Haha, the petsmart around here, the employees run away when they see me coming. I usually have a sick betta from their stock in hand, or something else to point out. I guess I annoy them :crazy:

Wouldn't doubt it...you annoy us too. No, only kidding :flowers: :D

Besides the small cups, our Petco takes really good care of the bettas. It's nice to see

Cool, thanks

Wouldn't doubt it...you annoy us too. No, only kidding :flowers: :D

Besides the small cups, our Petco takes really good care of the bettas. It's nice to see

Petco has great cups where I am. Much bigger than Petsmart. And the water is almost always clean. :)

And psh. I dunno what the betta section would do without me. ;)

have you tried feeding him floating food at the same time, then he should be more interested in that, its what i do with mine when feeding the shrimp :good:

i have no idea then, have you tried giving them veg? should be plenty big enough to share

Bettas don't eat vegetables for the most part (unless it's peas..) so this could work.. But I dunno what to feed shrimps vegetable wise that would be okay.

Most reactions

Back