Fluval Roma 90

Proxo

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Started losing interest in fish keeping after losing my longfin german blue ram so thought i'd try re-scape to boost it back up
It worked but now im more interested in scaping and planting then actually keeping fish :lol:
Here's the outcome anyway, feedback welcome good or bad;
BEFORE
405711_340210165998853_100000296185181_1274262_984013832_n.jpg

AFTER
166918_340210285998841_100000296185181_1274265_286736257_n.jpg

HARDSCAPE (If you want to give plants and planting placement advice :rolleyes:)
The screw driver was an idea for wood placement
394141_340210245998845_100000296185181_1274264_1201622220_n.jpg

Oh wow! That looks really good. Such an improvement. You've actually made the tank look bigger. Well I think so anyway. I hope this re-sparked your interest in fish keeping!

Thanks for comment, just waiting on the java fern to grow wild for the back left corner - i end up putting the good bits into the 55g lately lol :good:
Not sure what to get fish wise though, current stock is;
7 cardinal
6 panda cory
2 platy that're getting moved to another tank.

Thanks for comment, just waiting on the java fern to grow wild for the back left corner - i end up putting the good bits into the 55g lately lol :good:
7 cardinal
6 panda cory

Why don't you try GBR again? Or maybe some firemouths? I really want a pair of them ^_^

Looking good matey. :) Haven't seen you around much lately?

Cheers pal :good:. I've been turning into a lurker between battlefield 3 PC rounds hahaa!

7 cardinal
6 panda cory

Why don't you try GBR again? Or maybe some firemouths? I really want a pair of them ^_^

Not sure if i could do with the hassle of such a sensitive fish tbh, although they are so nice.
Was thinking pair of bolivian rams but not sure if i see them as a 'main' fish.

Tanks too small for firemouths but they're quality fish too, used to have 2 in my 55g.

Only other fish i really know of is apistogramma lol.

Looking good matey. :) Haven't seen you around much lately?

Cheers pal :good:. I've been turning into a lurker between battlefield 3 PC rounds hahaa!

7 cardinal
6 panda cory

Not sure if i could do with the hassle of such a sensitive fish tbh, although they are so nice.
Was thinking pair of bolivian rams but not sure if i see them as a 'main' fish.

Tanks too small for firemouths but they're quality fish too, used to have 2 in my 55g.

Only other fish i really know of is apistogramma lol.

I saw at my LFS about a month ago, some 'gold Rams' (what they were labelled as) And they were stunning! Don't know if you know anything about them??

Ahh gold rams are nice too, had a pair a few years ago.
Gold rams are just a different colour morph of Microgeophagus ramirezi i think.

You've just added another fish to my list now :S ahhh what to do lol.
Might just spend the money on some crypt plants while i decide :lol:

Ahh gold rams are nice too, had a pair a few years ago.
Gold rams are just a different colour morph of Microgeophagus ramirezi i think.

You've just added another fish to my list now :S ahhh what to do lol.
Might just spend the money on some crypt plants while i decide :lol:
Haha sorry! I thought they were stunning hey.
What about Kribs? Lots of babies ;)

Good idea, set it all up, then you might be able to picture what fish you want in there. Or you might just come up with more options and get even more confused :lol:

Kribs are nice but a pair would prob be too aggressive for a 20g, got a male krib in my 55g that's alone and can bully the out of my green terror and the terror is big enough to prob eat him hole :blink:
The choice has to go past the gf too, so makes things abit more difficult lol.

Sand is playsand from homebase :good:

LFS trip for fish at weekend, will be coming home with either apistogramma or bol rams & maybe a BN plec to grow for my 55g.
Here's an update picture, just waiting on the java fern to grow out so i can fill out the back left corner.
406549_361641060522430_100000296185181_1329485_1674710984_n.jpg

Most reactions

Back