Fluval In A Biorb?

ashbosh

Reaction score
hi, ive got a biorb 60L

horrible, i hate it. i do not like the filter on it at all.

i was wondering is there a way i can get a fluval filter attached to the sides somehow? Not sure if its possible, but id rather do without the tube in the middle and use a better filter

thanks alot peeps

yeah, you could mate! you would have to have one heck of a flow divertor though to get a circular current but it is possible! how about running both at the same time?

yeah, you could mate! you would have to have one heck of a flow divertor though to get a circular current but it is possible! how about running both at the same time?

that is an idea yeah i never thought about them both.

how would i stick the fluval to the side though? these biorbs are a round tank

they have sucker cups dont they? you just push it onto the side like normal!

yeah i know they have suckers but i am not sure if it would stick or not as the curvature is ridiculous in parts

has anyone else has done this before? Do people know it fits? :unsure:

the middle is fugly, it has a big volcano thing to take away the huge plastic pipe through the middle. can you buy bigger/smaller sucker pads for fluvals?

dont be daft! rubber band is way stronger than them!

dunno, just rip out the volcano to leave the pipe.

Agreed, seems like little tank butchery is in order.

Dont worry about pulling your tank to bits, its quite normal, and everyone does it when things either dont fit, or you need more functionality for little outlay. Unfortunaetly not every tank is made for every fish, and equipment the same. Some times, a little tank butchery is good :)

I too hate the BiOrb. I worked closely with he company that made it when the company and the rights to make it to another manufacturer and it looks god aweful. Must be a right pain to maintain!? The BiUbe looks a little better, but they look like bedroom/kitchen tanks.

Perhaps keep an eye out on Ebay for second hand tanks going cheap? I spot good ones all the time, im just too slow to catch the end of the auction. Much better value for money buying a decent second hand tank over new.

:)

pop into a maidenhead aquatics store if you are in the UK and pickup an Aqua Flow filter, they are quite small and would probably fit quite nicely into one.

but better yet, as mentioned, get a new tank :)

Most reactions

Back