Fluval Edge And Betta

I'll look into the clearseal tanks. What would you guys say to be the minimum sized tank for a single Betta?

Some betta people will say anything from about 3 gal/10L upward. If it's just the betta on his own, anywhere from 5 Gal/about 17-18 litres seems to be the generally accepted 'decent' minimum size.

Similar to my own thoughts, then. Do you think an ADF or two would go well with a Betta in a 5/6 gallon, or is it too much?

Never kept frogs but personally I wouldn't put the two together in a 5-6.

My betta died on Sunday but spent the last few months in a 4-5 gallon, which was fine as he barely swam anymore. But in his prime he was in a 9-10 gallon rectangular tank and loved the extra room. I don't think I could keep one in less than 9g now, but 5 as an absolute minimum.

Tbh the 9 g hex I used to have didnt take up much more room than the 4 g cube. Larger tanks are far easier to cycle and maintain.

Thanks for your advice/info soybean - btw, love the tank on your signature :D

Have a look at the Arcadia tanks, they`re nice, very well priced and would give plenty of room to a betta :good:

Think one of the AquaCubes at P a H would be alright for him? You can find a video of the 14L setup here:
http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/content.php?sid=4200

When I saw it a few weeks ago it did have a lid. They also come in a 25L version, which would be best?

Or you could just go to walmart and get a 5 gallon tank for 20 bucks

We don't have those here, and tbh, I'm trying to stay away from the standard black-hooded tank. I wanted something a little more stylish, even if it costs more :)

Ok, taking it from that, that the 14L would be on the small side - that's fine, I think his 15L Baby BiOrbs too small at the moment :)

Any experience with the arcadia tanks?

To be honest, I've just taken a look at the Arcadias and they don't really appeal to me :/ Don't like the metal braces on top and the silver/black bottom rim. Sorry!

Any other tank ideas? ;)

I have just got a fluval Chi 25 litre to put a Betta in and I had the same concern as you of them jumping out but the feedback I have so far is that they wont. Obviously thats no guarantee but its good enough for me.

daleboy: I've considered a chi myself and was all up for buying one, but the possibility of loosing the lil' guy sort of ruined it for me...do you think you'll be making a lid for one in the future? There's a very good article about it here: http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=58986&page=2 (my DIY skills just weren't up to scratch ;)

Anyone had any experience with Bettas jumping out of open topped tanks? Mine often 'attacks' his floating pellets a bit...think he'd jump if I did get an open top tank? Any ways to prevent him from doing so (apart from a lid ;))?

Most reactions

Back