Fluval Edge 46L Or Aqueno Evolve 8

omega59

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Hi, Wondering what everyone's opinion on these two tanks. The Edge has a small opening which makes it hard to clean that is my only concern with that one. The Evolve 8 people were saying that flow of the filter is way to strong. But how about the rest of it? Which tank would you get?

Evolve 8
41P4kafgiQL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Edge 46L
158uc5.jpg

I wouldn't have the edge, I had the small one & that small opening makes it a nightmare to keep clean & as the 46 is much taller that'll be even harder.
You could lessen the flow in the other one by adding some foam to the outflow

I've owned the evolve 2 before and I flat out loved it. The design is good, and it feels very sturdy. It also looks really good. You can fit a 50W heater in the back compartment with the pump. Also the pump that came with mine had an adjustable out put. If your worried about the filter flow being too strong you can always put a piece of filter foam inside the output nozzle and that will decrease the flow. Honestly Its a no brainer for me. Get the Aqueon, you wont regret it.

Just as I suspected
smile.png
I read that the Aqueno although is 8gallons, the filter makes it more of a 6? Also, do you guys replace the filter or use those blue slide-in pads it comes with? I also don't see a top cover for this
sad.png

I just googled it & it does seem to have a lid, looks like an opaque one

ahh okay everything i googled didn't show one thanks! Now to see where I can get it affordable in range. Will have a look at my LFS.

Ok as for lids it comes with Two separate lids. A clear one with a feeding hole that goes over the actual tank and a another one that goes over the filter compartment. Also yes the Filter takes some area away from the tank but its not very much. That said I think that is the only con of this tank. Seamless construction, rounded corners, black base, built in filter, the light is actually good, and its quiet. I used the filter pads it came with and had no problems, although if you want to do your own media there are mods on youtube that involve a piece of acrylic or some plastic and a drill bit. The people that do that run their own media and filter floss no problem. So its very mod-able.

Sounds great! What type of fish stock can be placed? I was wishing to add some Endler's and Balloon Mollies. But if they breed too much I may have to select another type of fish.

thank you. i will look for it at my LFS,

There's a section on here under the nano tank area on fish for stocking these sort of tanks.

Personally, of the two, I'd go for the evolve as well. The edge looks pretty but, as has been said above, can be impractical.

As for lids, I took the lid off my fluval ebi (similar size) as it was dropping condensation on my floating plants and killing them off.

Well, I say took off, I mean trod on and broke....

I will take that into consideration. I haven't been able to take the plunge yet and buy it, because the shop here did not carry it :(

Hey,

I am hoping to get the fluval edge 46l this Christmas and I want to keep one betta one nerite snail and two ghost shrimp, would this be ok and can I add any more fish?

Thanks

-Sam

Most reactions

Back