Fluval Ebi Nano Shrimp Tank

heres some new pics.

IMG_2771.JPG

IMG_2755.JPG

mosquito rasboras. im really pleased with them.

IMG_2760.JPG

IMG_2843.JPG

IMG_2849.JPG

IMG_2871.JPG

IMG_2887.JPG

IMG_2910.JPG

I can see this doing well in the TOTM competition in a month or 2! And i can also see the mosquito's doing well in the FOTM competition too!

Great job you have done CA, it's fantastic!

It's looking really great. Can't wait to see it grown in a bit more :)

as for the guppies... depends if you want babies or not! Females from a lfs will be pregnant so you'll end up with babies, and it's not really a very big tank, so not much room in terms of stock levels. 3 guppies dropping fry at similar times could very quickly send it over the edge. Plus female guppies get larger than males... not really sure if you'd really have room for them anyway. :unsure:

You could get perhaps a trio of male endlers? Or... you could get females, but get them from a breeder, so you can be sure they are virgins. That way you can be sure they won't already be pregnant, so no baby explosion. You should be able to contact a local endler breeder via a local aquatic society.

Even so, I'm still not sure whether the tank would support them... how many rasboras are there?

It's looking really great. Can't wait to see it grown in a bit more :)

as for the guppies... depends if you want babies or not! Females from a lfs will be pregnant so you'll end up with babies, and it's not really a very big tank, so not much room in terms of stock levels. 3 guppies dropping fry at similar times could very quickly send it over the edge. Plus female guppies get larger than males... not really sure if you'd really have room for them anyway. :unsure:

You could get perhaps a trio of male endlers? Or... you could get females, but get them from a breeder, so you can be sure they are virgins. That way you can be sure they won't already be pregnant, so no baby explosion. You should be able to contact a local endler breeder via a local aquatic society.

Even so, I'm still not sure whether the tank would support them... how many rasboras are there?

slow down, slow down.

lol the guppies are no longer a possibility .

I saw the mosquito rasboras and having never seen them before, had to purchase them ! :lol:

thanks tho :good:

slow down, slow down.

lol the guppies are no longer a possibility .

I saw the mosquito rasboras and having never seen them before, had to purchase them ! :lol:

thanks tho :good:
Awesome :D my question still stand though, how many do you have? I can see 4?

(also, good that you're keeping the lid on, Andy had loads of issues with his jumping out if you remember! :huh:)

Off topic i know, but what camera and settings are you using for these pictures? Been trying to get some close shots of my tiger barbs in my community tank and not been having great success despite doing a degree in marine and natural history photography and the gear that i have. I think it is down to the type of light my tank is emitting, having to shoot at horrible ISO and shutter speeds :|

(also, good that you're keeping the lid on, Andy had loads of issues with his jumping out if you remember! :huh:)

i have 6. im keeping the lid on, but never knew they were jumpers?! good to know! im excited i found some and they seem to be doing good. ive never seen them before.

Off topic i know, but what camera and settings are you using for these pictures? Been trying to get some close shots of my tiger barbs in my community tank and not been having great success despite doing a degree in marine and natural history photography and the gear that i have. I think it is down to the type of light my tank is emitting, having to shoot at horrible ISO and shutter speeds :|

im using a canon 400d. kit lens, and/or a 50mm prime. i also have a cheap fisheye that came with a macro lens thingy that i play around with, i think i used it for a couple of these shots. settings usually around 1/50-70 shutter speed. ISO as low as i can. i sent about an hour taking these pics. i had more decent ones than i thought i did.

should add, i use shutter priority 99% of the time. sometimes i find manual focus necessary, i usually try manual and auto focus.

God #41#### i can only put down the poor outcomes of my recent shots down to the lighting i have in the tank then. having to shoot at 3200+ and getting poor shutter speeds. Ive also been using the 50mm prime f1.8? but on a canon 1d mk iv :|

If it persists i will change the lights just for photographing :hyper:

Nice setup by the way, did you get this fluvial throughout the PFK mag subscription mess up? Mines been posted to my old address an I'm trying to get it send down to my new address so i can get a similar setup going :good:
Great inspiration for mine!

i have 6. im keeping the lid on, but never knew they were jumpers?! good to know! im excited i found some and they seem to be doing good. ive never seen them before.
I believe Andy started with 30 and numbers went down to 18 :crazy: Although I'm not 100% certain on which species he has... I'd definitely keep the lid on! :nod:

God #41#### i can only put down the poor outcomes of my recent shots down to the lighting i have in the tank then. having to shoot at 3200+ and getting poor shutter speeds. Ive also been using the 50mm prime f1.8? but on a canon 1d mk iv :|

If it persists i will change the lights just for photographing :hyper:

Nice setup by the way, did you get this fluvial throughout the PFK mag subscription mess up? Mines been posted to my old address an I'm trying to get it send down to my new address so i can get a similar setup going :good:
Great inspiration for mine!

yeah 50mm f1.8

yes i did get this thru the PFK sub. Im really happy with it, the tank seems great so far, and you cant complain with FREE! (more or less) its still a work in progress, i want to add a couple more plants in the foreground.

Just got mine at last. Them first 48 hours, was the water just brown and murky as hell?

Never mind it settled already.

Would 30l be ok for a lone dwarf puffer?
and possibly some shrimp?

Most reactions

Back