Fluval 304 Help Please!

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

demonmagus

spamming my way to the top...
Reaction score
Hi, I am having trouble starting my fluval 304, as in the water isn't actually pumping into the filter using the primer, anyone tell me what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks

Hi, I am having trouble starting my fluval 304, as in the water isn't actually pumping into the filter using the primer, anyone tell me what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks

Hi

Have you made sure the out pipe is submerged in water ... i had the same problem but as soon as I submerged the out pipe it worked str8 away.

You having trouble with it mate? I'll give Paul a shout if you need.

Thanks,
Chris

EDIT: Having read above post, I seriously think that inlet strainer things might have something to do with it.

Welcome to the world of Fluval cannisters...

The only way I ever get the things to prime is to have water pumped (from a powerhead or straight from the tap) into the intake thus forcing the useless thing to fill up (watch for leaks after its full, Fluvals are a bugger for small leaks on the main gasket).

Once it is fairly full you should be good to go.

Have you mananged to get the fluval filter working yet.

take the top off syphon some take water into it til its full put top back on! giv 20 quick pumps on the primer wait a few seconds. then repeat till it primes properly!

also if still won't prime turn it on, pick it up and turn it upside down this lets the impelor get a load of water then turn it back up the othe way! (it'll probably stop pumping coz of the air!) just keep turning it upside down again then back the othe way till all the air is out! :hey: :good:

Better idea:

Send it back as not working, get your money back, and buy a reliable external such as a second hand eheim...

Ah come on man, I love my flu-val. Although, once I get my preplumbed wet/dry working quietly I'll stop using it...

Most reactions

Back